Sign in to follow this  
coues

Wounded Buck

Thought I'd throw this out here and see if anyone knows about this buck. I crossed paths with a very nice whitetail buck on Monday in unit 8 with an arrow in it. This buck was above average, I'm guessing around 95 inches. He looked to be a typical 3 point with uneven brow tines. I'd be happy to share where I saw him if you're the guy looking for him. Just describe the arrow and I'll let you know where you might find him. I tried to finish him off, but couldn't close the deal. He was hit high, above the back bone and seemed to be close to dying. I think he's probably really close to where I saw him last. I'd just like to see the deer go to to the person he belongs to. Gary

That's too bad, that buck will probably never be found. I saw a guy in the woods looking for a deer over the weekend and he also wounded a buck but had no blood trail. It kinda sucks, you finally do all the right things to get a shot, but then with all the excitement when you get the shot a little jerk could keep you from finding your buck. I have an idea of where the buck could be wounded, just by areas I've seen some good size coues bucks in that unit. Good luck hunting this archery season.

Easton Carbonaero with orange and yellow vanes.

Should have been hit in the back of the right hip. He jumped the string when I shot and spun around facing away by the time the arrow got there. It is only the second animal I've hit and lost and the other happened the same way in the same area in 1993. Thoise deer are so jumpy it makes it really unnerving to take a shot. I followed tiny amounts of blood for 1/2 mi and lost it. Kept looking on and off until sunday night with no luck.

If that's the right arrow give me a call. 928-899-0680

Don't use the 639-1644 number.

Chris Dunn

Guest Ernesto C

For what I had read,it looks like that buck will live,I dont know;shot to high,back hip. Hope he makes it.

Ernesto C.

I'll be up in unit 8 this weekend if someone needs help finding/killing a wounded buck. I don't know where he is at but I will be in the whitetail country of unit 8 so I can't be that far away to at least help. Let me know.

Later,

recurveman

Bummer man, I thought about you all weekend while I was over in 27 hunting bears.

Josh