Sign in to follow this  
jp0212

German Shorthaired Pointer Puppy

So I unfortunately lost one of my dogs recently to lung cancer. She was the most amazing pup I have ever owned, and would give anything to get her back. I have decided the next pup would be a GSP that I could turn into a hunting buddy so I don't have to head out alone anymore, but was really hoping to get some feedback on reputable breeders. I have always adopted from the shelter, so this will be my first go at an actual breed for greatness dog. I have looked into Rugerheim Kennels in NM, and am also talking to someone local who may be expecting pups, but was curious if anyone had any other recommendations for a well bred puppy. Happy to look across the country if needed, but preference is to stay in Arizona or a neighboring state. Any recommendations?

TKO outfitters here in AZ breeds nice GSPs. Eddie posts here from time to time. Check them out

• Like 1

I will tell my friend, aka jackshoe, to look at your post. He is very knowledgeable about german shorthairs and breeders here in Az. I highly recommend you talk to him. :)

TJ

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my 12yo Boerboel last December to cancer too. I cried like a war widow.

We looked at GSPs and I decided to try out a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon instead this time. I have had 2 GSPs and loved them, I always wanted to try out a Griff. I had to go to Colorado for mine. 10wks old and she is a riot.

Good luck, and again, sorry to hear you lost your friend.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my 12yo Boerboel last December to cancer too. I cried like a war widow.

We looked at GSPs and I decided to try out a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon instead this time. I have had 2 GSPs and loved them, I always wanted to try out a Griff. I had to go to Colorado for mine. 10wks old and she is a riot.

Good luck, and again, sorry to hear you lost your friend.

I hear you. Her passing took a major toll on me. It was especially hard to watch because she didn't pass very pleasantly. I'd give anything to get that pup back as she was such an amazing dog. My wife and I have been together for 11 1/2 years, and that was the first time she saw tears in my eyes.

I have a two year old female that I bought as a puppy from Desert Point Kennels. She is a beautiful black and white gsp and a great companion and hunter. She was a natural retriever and honored the other dogs points from the first time she saw another dog on point. very smart and biddable and hardly required any training, just did this naturally by instinct. She is great around people and other dogs. I know of three other dogs that came from desert point kennels, and they all made nice hunting dogs.