Sign in to follow this  
BugleChaser

OTC Elk Hunts

Seems like there was an Outfitter advertising a while back that had good results in LO and OTC hunts? I would like to speak to anyone who has had some degree of success with OTC. Bull or cow doesn't matter, nor does size if bull.

Did an otc hunt December, 2014 and it was the toughest hunt I've ever been on. Total of 8 days and seen only 2 cows the first evening 2 miles away and 30 minutes of life left. Probably put on 50 miles that hunt, glassed every draw and hill there was. On the second to last day I did just missed them by one day they had passed thru. The one weekend I didn't go some guy killed a 383" bull in he same spot that I missed them by a day. Tough OTC elk hunts in AZ.

Did an otc hunt December, 2014 and it was the toughest hunt I've ever been on. Total of 8 days and seen only 2 cows the first evening 2 miles away and 30 minutes of life left. Probably put on 50 miles that hunt, glassed every draw and hill there was. On the second to last day I did just missed them by one day they had passed thru. The one weekend I didn't go some guy killed a 383" bull in he same spot that I missed them by a day. Tough OTC elk hunts in AZ.

Sounds better then the OTC hunts in all other states. I know a lot of guys who've hunted otc in Colorado and not seen an elk and doubt a 383" bull has ever come out of an OTC unit off public land in most states. Timberland outfitters was the one who kills a lot of elk up there.

I believe you are looking for Lance with Timberland Outfitters. They have been the most successful that I have seen.

Pm me if you want his number. I was going to use him this year, but the kids drew tags.

• Like 2

Can't go wrong with TLO. I did an OTC elk hunt a few years ago with them and harvested a nice cow. The hunts are about impossible on your own unless you are SERIOUSLY lucky. TLO is worth every penny.

• Like 1

Thank you for the nice comments guys!

Anyone looking for an OTC elk hunt in Arizona please shoot me a text at (928) 607-9380.

We hunt them from Aug-March. Still have a couple spots available for 2016.

http://www.tlohunting.com/gallery/cat.php?cat=17

Lance

• Like 1