Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil

1st dorado

Went out two days. Daughter caught her 1st dorado. 13 lbs. we also caught and released 2 sails.

post-268-0-30523600-1466306957_thumb.jpeg

post-268-0-82883800-1466306985_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

Beautiful fish!

Sounds like an awesome trip. Congratulations on catching a couple sails but especially to your daughter on her first dorado. :)

TJ

It weighed 13.2 lbs. not an accurate reading in the pic because the fish is not being held up by the scale. Off the chart sail fish bite right now in San Carlos. One boat released 50 in two days this week

Here was the report. Get down there if you can

Costa Rica Has Nothing on the Current Sail Fish Bite in San Carlos, I fished with The Williamson Family ( Many thanks) on there Boat Reel Mistress Friday & Saturday, I think We Broke the SOC. record on Saturday, 41 Sails Released, We were going for more but ran out of Hooks & Bait.

The 2 day total was 7 Dorado( 1 at 30 pounds) , 2 YF Tuna & 53 Sails released, Wide open for sure. 2 square Miles of stacked up fish & Birds.. I Have fished Costa Rica the Last 3 years around 18 days per year and never seen anything close to our SC Bite, Amazing

Get your Butts down to SC and Have fun

Here was the report. Get down there if you can

Costa Rica Has Nothing on the Current Sail Fish Bite in San Carlos, I fished with The Williamson Family ( Many thanks) on there Boat Reel Mistress Friday & Saturday, I think We Broke the SOC. record on Saturday, 41 Sails Released, We were going for more but ran out of Hooks & Bait.

The 2 day total was 7 Dorado( 1 at 30 pounds) , 2 YF Tuna & 53 Sails released, Wide open for sure. 2 square Miles of stacked up fish & Birds.. I Have fished Costa Rica the Last 3 years around 18 days per year and never seen anything close to our SC Bite, Amazing

Get your Butts down to SC and Have fun

Easy for you to say. :)

TJ

I did a half day in Costa Rica last week while on family vacation... Most reputable captain, live bait, nice boat.... 1 dogtooth snapper bite and break off immediately, 1 small shark(cut line) and that was it.... I thought I was golden, should have went wherever you were