Buckhunter

Anyone killen any varmits?

OUt scouting for mule deer. So I called a little before it got to hot. Did ok, called in 4 dogs at one time, got 1 and a cat in 4 mins off a woodpecker. :)

post-2044-1187466510_thumb.jpg

post-2044-1187466585_thumb.jpg

looks like i need you to give me some calling pointers :lol: thats pretty good work.

Trick is to get at least 2 stands in the morning early in the season. get the young critters quick. And before all the local spots get galled to death

Could you tell me more about calling with the woodpecker sound?

I've called for many years, but have only used the old fashioned rabbit calls.

I'd love to hear more about the alternatives, especially from someone who is

having some obvious success.

Thanks,

Bruce

[Hey Bruce. I've had luck starting out with a rabbit distress foe a few mins, then turning to the woodpecker. I have a woodpecker decoy up high in the brush or hanging from a branch. It seems like soon as they see something thats makeing the noise, all you have to do is get ready to throw some lead. Im going to try with a bow next time!!

Nice! I went out with my boys this morning...first time ever. Didn't see anything but I really didn't expect to. Got my boy shooting his 243 out to about 250yds at little rocks...that kid can shoot! Can't wait to get some dogs comin in though...then the real test will begin for him. ;)

Went out today and pillaged a whole town... Prairie dog that is.

What fun! Used a 22lr and obviously could not hit consistently beyond 125 yds but inside that range those moles were dropping like flies.

Gonna make time to do that again!

Nice looking cat and dog. I have tried killing cats several times but the neighbot ladies allways seem to get mad.

In all seriousness, good work.

Packer

Hey the woodpecker decoy is at Bass Pro Shop. But the maker of it is in Tucson. www.outfoxedproducts.com Check out this site. It has pictures of lions eating foxes becuase of the wood pecker decoy!

Hey the woodpecker decoy is at Bass Pro Shop. But the maker of it is in Tucson. www.outfoxedproducts.com Check out this site. It has pictures of lions eating foxes becuase of the wood pecker decoy!

My buddy Rich owns outfoxedproducts, the lion/fox story is on his site under "The Hunt".

[Hey Bruce. I've had luck starting out with a rabbit distress foe a few mins, then turning to the woodpecker. I have a woodpecker decoy up high in the brush or hanging from a branch. It seems like soon as they see something thats makeing the noise, all you have to do is get ready to throw some lead. Im going to try with a bow next time!!

Thanks Buck., guess I'm going to have to learn some new tricks.

Bruce

I wacked a few yotes this past weekend with my AR-15. I don't leave home with out it!! I can't wait till it cools of in the desert so I can call for more than an hour!