What is the average lead time in barrels right now? I know every mfg will be different, just looking for a rough guess.

I ordered a barrel 15 weeks ago and was told at that time it was12 weeks out. Now they say it's going to be a few more weeks.

Did you check bugholes first to see if they already have the barrel you want in stock?

Totally dependent on manufacturer. It is usually possible with some research to find the barrel you are looking for with zero wait time. Many online stores and even brick and mortar places in the phoenix area keep open orders with different barrel makers to have stock on hand for sale.

Whatcha building?

Brand?

Contour?

Groove count and cut?

Material?

Length?

Twist rate?

Fluting?

Don't be stingy with the info. Some strong Google Fu by members if you give us some goods.

• Like 1

I've already ordered the barrel. I was just wondering if it's normal for mfg to be several weeks beyond their initial quote as far as delivery.

It's a criterion 300 WM (match)

28"

Vais break

Sendero contour

The Sendero contour is what is holding you up. Since it's a Criterion I am going to assume that it is for a Savage action. If you would have went with a normal varmint contour you probably could have found one in stock no problem. Custom barrels take a long time. I ordered a 28" full bull Shilen select match in 6.5-300WSM one time and was quoted 4-5 months at time of the order. Took them exactly 14 months to get it to me. I wasn't real happy about that but it sure shot good.

• Like 1

Bugholes.com says 30 days for Savage prefits on in stock blanks.

When I did my 308 I ordered from Mcgowen 26" full bull 1-10 twist I ordered it on a Tuesday and had it and a ground recoil lug the following Friday.

Brux will make any configuration you'd like in 4-6 week lead time. I've ordered a dozen barrels from them and they have always delivered within tjat window.