COOSEFAN

Monster Mulies!!!!!

Hey 300.. great pic's, looks like he's put on a few inches overall since your pic's. What a stud buck!

Wholly smokes, my jaw hit the ground and slapped the roof of my mouth. A nice buck like any of those and a 340" bull will be what I hope for in September. No rifle tag for deer, so a solid week of archery deer hunting and elk scouting before the elk hunt will hopefully pull through.

Big_Buck_2.jpg

"I would guess 197" on the typical and 218" on the non-typ.......with a 5" plus or minus cushion for error on both ;) "

I'm stickin' with my guess but I could see being high on the Typ. by a few inches......maybe 194" :P I think there are some inches in height and width that I think some guys aren't calculatin' on both bucks ;) The velvet can fool ya for sure though!

Isn't this fun! It would be a huge learning leason for all of us if we can actually get this buck on the ground and score em' out! Otherwise it's all speculation. Got the fingers crossed ;)

It doesn't really matter to me what they score all I know is that those are some awsome bucks. I would shoot whichever gave me the first opportunity.

Packer

"I would guess 197" on the typical and 218" on the non-typ.......with a 5" plus or minus cushion for error on both ;)"

Jim, velvet or not, no doubt that typical four is a 190+ buck IMO. Hopefully you will know by Monday...

Here's a buck I saw the other night. How wide do you think he is?

e80e647f.jpg

e80e5faf.jpg

Jim, the angle on the last pic makes him look a little better to me, he's got a great inside, good to really good beams, and good mass, decent height, decent eyeguards I'd probably adjust my score up a little to somewhere around 190 + or - a few. The non typ would have to have a 207 -208 frame + 10 - 11 inches of abnormals to hit your 217 mark. I dont think he's anywhere near that on the frame, he's way too short IMO, his mass which is superb and his eyeguards add a little bit to the overall score but his short 2's, 3's & 4's and short beams would need about 2 - 3 inches each to hit the 200 + mark, IMO. Your right about one thing it's great fun and good practice to try and evaluate these beautiful bucks. In reality both these bucks are jumbos no matter what they score and I hope you or your buddies get to wrap a tag around those antlers.

I was looking at my first post and I had the bucks in backwards order cause I was in a hurry. So 195 non typ and 187 on the typ. The spread is wide but they appear short and the g2's are nice but to get over the 190 mark on a typical you have to have a ton of length on everything. And the non typ has shorter tines. Oh well hopefully someone with the pics shoots him and we can get an idea how to score velvet bucks. This is fun though.

Those park bucks like to have their pics taken. It's going to be tough to sneak one of them out of there with all the folks that watch them. 193" and 202", tell your buddy to have fun.

Those park bucks like to have their pics taken. It's going to be tough to sneak one of them out of there with all the folks that watch them. 193" and 202", tell your buddy to have fun.

Quote; "I would hope that yor buddy does not hunt where these bucks are, or it will tick off half a million chinese people that are busy feeding them apples and taking pics. Your buddy is out of his mind if he hunts where these bucks are. Time to come clean on where they are at................ "

I honestly have nothing to prove here......there is a ton of people on this site and even more off this site who know who I am and what I'm about. Instead of getting off topic with this one I'll just say what I said before and this a fact....." these bucks and these photos are from a unit that can be legaly hunted starting this Friday " .............. and my buddies intend to do so ;)

Back to topic........ I still stick to my original guess .... "I would guess 197" on the typical and 218" on the non-typ.......with a 5" plus or minus cushion for error on both"

The key is the 5" cushion :P

Dont let them bother you Jim, It seems on all these forums there are a few who like to run down the success of others. They are not worth the time of day!