5guyshunting

Yellowjacket Creek unit 21

Looks like some changes are coming to this great campsite. It sure looks to me like it is going to be shut down. I couldn't get a straight answer from the forest service. They just talked some crap about an endangered snake.post-8438-0-35744600-1468179050_thumb.jpgpost-8438-0-44340700-1468179089_thumb.jpgpost-8438-0-78484600-1468179143_thumb.jpg

Endangered snake really. It the snake isn't smart enough to survive then it needs to be extinct

That was a nice sight to camp hope they don't close

• Like 1

Not surprising, unfortunately. Me and that Quigly guy recently tried to ride from Yellow Jacket Spring to Black Butte only to come upon a new fence and AZGFD sign saying it was now a designated riparian sanctuary.

Not surprising, unfortunately. Me and that Quigly guy recently tried to ride from Yellow Jacket Spring to Black Butte only to come upon a new fence and AZGFD sign saying it was now a designated riparian sanctuary.

Yes sir it was a good ride worth doing again

I searched every source I could think of today and found nothing. If any one knows whats up please reply. Thanks.

The Nazi's are coming, thats whats happening. Wait till hillary gets in . We are screwed..............BOB!

Not to hijack a meaningful thread, but seriously?

Not to hijack a meaningful thread, but seriously?

Yes. I forget the name of the drainage but it was now off limits.

Ever been to Tule Springs? Same deal

I'm not familiar with Tule by name, but if it's in the b the area around Yellow Jacket is an area that I love for many reasons. It's the tops for variety of tracks around water. Definitely a loss considering how many make it there in reality.

No, Tule is north of Lake Pleasant. But Game and Fish has closed it just like this drainage just ne of yellow jacket.

No, Tule is north of Lake Pleasant. But Game and Fish has closed it just like this drainage just ne of yellow jacket.

Tule has been fenced to exclude cattle (mainly burros) for 20 years. It's BLM land, not Game and Fish. Cool spot to visit once you get past China Dam. Any area around pleasant without a fence gets blown out by the burros.

You can still get into Tule, has an access gate for you and the critters.

Sorry to OP for derail but wanted to state the facts...

Tule has been fenced to exclude cattle (mainly burros) for 20 years. It's BLM land, not Game and Fish. Cool spot to visit once you get past China Dam. Any area around pleasant without a fence gets blown out by the burros.

You can still get into Tule, has an access gate for you and the critters.

Sorry to OP for derail but wanted to state the facts...

Facts? No, AZGFD has closed the road and gated it at the homestead and it is locked. In the last 15 years I have never seen it unlocked. Of course it's BLM, duh. The road used to take you past the springs and to the road to Tiptop. There is no 'critter' gate and there's a 4'x6' azgfd sign saying those are designated riparian lands same as the drainage near Yellow Jacket. And no, there are no gates for people or their critters. If there were a critter gate, how is the fence going to keep out burros and cattle? Those are the facts.

post-11051-0-62132700-1468391534.jpg

• Like 1