Bucks_N_Yotes

Anyone seeing lions while out scouting?

I was at that meeting and there were quite a few real lion hunters present! Just like Amanda said, it was done to hopefully take some of the pressure off of the sport brought on by the anti's. It was funny to see the anti's get up and speak with all their power to push the changes though.......and then to see their reactions when the houndsmen stood up and AGREED with the changes!!! The anti's didn't know what was going on, I think they thought there was something going on behind the scenes! What really bothered me was that there was a News crew there and they spent all their time interviewing the individuals from the anti groups and very little with the houndsmen.....matter of fact, the News later aired the show and made it sound like the anti's won a huge fight against the lion hunters and put seleted clips of the meeting on the News to make it appear as such! We all wore white shirts to show our support for the lion hunters and the room was full of white shirts that day.......but that never made it on the News! The anti's were saying lion hunters kill kittens all the time and kill females with kittens all the time as well. The stats that were brought forth that day proved otherwise and it was obvious the anti's accusations were false......... again, that never made it on the News! JIM>

That's one brave lion to be running in Hap's home turff!!!!

sounds like when i said it was done to appease huggers, i was right. i still see no need for it and am really trying hard to figure out why a guy who runs dogs would want anymore restrictions. after the sabino canyon debacle and the director and the commission caved to the governor and all the screamin' huggers, i always felt that was the beginning of the end. hope i'm wrong. Lark.

Jim-

Is it not (give a inch and they take a mile) It seems to me that this could have opened the perverbial door)

sounds like when i said it was done to appease huggers, i was right. i still see no need for it and am really trying hard to figure out why a guy who runs dogs would want anymore restrictions. after the sabino canyon debacle and the director and the commission caved to the governor and all the screamin' huggers, i always felt that was the beginning of the end. hope i'm wrong. Lark.

You guys are so right . The ARA won this one by forfeit :angry: . They may have been momentarily confused but they will come back emboldened. This is a win for them there is no other way to look at it . Another case of the blind leading those who cant see :( .

Boy you real lion hunters are geniuses! who would have thought if you just put restrictions, that dont need to be made on lions that it would keep you in the clear.

you guys really messed up, pissed off a lot of hunters. and i will put money on it that you guys will loose your right to hunt with hounds real quick. too bad, you might even have pissed off enough other "real" hunters who would have backed you other wise. real smart, who would have thought?????? i hope that you all know that you really hurt all hunting in AZ, this will put a real fire under the anti's and i bet they will come out full swing with some other crap. thanks buddy, after you clean up all that dog crap could you pull the knife out of our backs????

great job!

Boy you real lion hunters are geniuses! who would have thought if you just put restrictions, that dont need to be made on lions that it would keep you in the clear.

you guys really messed up, pissed off a lot of hunters. and i will put money on it that you guys will loose your right to hunt with hounds real quick. too bad, you might even have pissed off enough other "real" hunters who would have backed you other wise. real smart, who would have thought?????? i hope that you all know that you really hurt all hunting in AZ, this will put a real fire under the anti's and i bet they will come out full swing with some other crap. thanks buddy, after you clean up all that dog crap could you pull the knife out of our backs????

great job!

Userinsane, I dont think I understand you :blink: Just what the heck are you trying to say......?

Had a lion and 2 cubs come in on me this weekend when I was sitting in a blind waiting for deer to come in . boy was my triger finger ithching

25-06, are you kidding or just slow? :blink: :P :o

My wife says Im just slow and there aint nuttin to worry about..... <_<

I was lucky enough to glass up a lion Friday morning. Had a tag in my pocket and a rifle back in my truck. I watched it for over an hour. Man was I upset that I couldn't do anything but watch. Oh well, thats what I get for obeying the law.

I was lucky enough to glass up a lion Friday morning. Had a tag in my pocket and a rifle back in my truck. I watched it for over an hour. Man was I upset that I couldn't do anything but watch. Oh well, thats what I get for obeying the law.

Oh well , thats what you get cause "our" side negotiated out of fear .

I heard a lion eats a deer sized animal every 10 days and even more in the summer cuz they dont like rotten meat, and u guys are passin on em, If i see one, i'm goin with the 3 S's. im sure some body out there knows what im talk'n about.

I heard a lion eats a deer sized animal every 10 days and even more in the summer cuz they dont like rotten meat, and u guys are passin on em, If i see one, i'm goin with the 3 S's. im sure some body out there knows what im talk'n about.

The 3 S's, you mean shoot,shovel,shutup? Thats messed up.........Only a scumbag would do somthing like that.