Sign in to follow this  
Yuma Outdoorsman

2016 Governor's Tag

Who has the tag this year, and is he out looking right now? I would guess the racks have maxed out now. They should be rubbing in about a week!

Don't you know the clients don't go out and look? They stay home and when they find him a big bull they call him and he comes and kills it. No confirmation but I've heard they found a big bull for the client this week so if it's true if imagine he will be dead soon. Before August 15th

It's a good deal for the money they raise for sure but doesn't sit well with me.

I heard a podcast about one of these tags a while back and not only did the client not look or scout or hunt they had 4 different guys sit on the bull for 3 days before the guy showed up to shoot it.

I still say I would read and buy the book on the guy who did it himself or even bought it and handed it to some hard working deserving youngster. Way better story

But in the end I say keep the money coming in to az.

And can't wait to see the next monster these guys find.

Who has the tag this year, and is he out looking right now? I would guess the racks have maxed out now. They should be rubbing in about a week!

Two weeks. I have proclaimed that all elk run there antlers on August 15th.

As long as the gov tag allotment stays the way it is I think it's a good deal and I have no problem with it. We just can't let our state turn into Utah and the system they have or states with landowner tags.

There are some gov tag buyers that hunt and spend time looking and respect the tag and there are some that show, shoot, smile, leave. Just like there are hardcore guys that grind for the duration of the season and weekend warriors that drive roads and drink beer for 2 1/2 days and call it a hunt. It's different levels but the same thing.