Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Wireless Cam- worth it?

Hey all,

I have zero experience with wireless cameras. I'm thinking about saving up for a

https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trophy-Wireless-Camera-Vision/dp/B00IX6RODY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

They're pricey- and about 10 bucks a month. Having the Elk hunt 2-3 hours away from my house has convinced me that I'd REALLY like to get a text picture every time something steps in front of the camera. Mixed reviews online..

Anyone have any experience?

you have to have cell service from whatever carrier the camera is programmed to, then i think you have to sign up for a monthly service, much like having a cell phone. i have heard you can rack up a big bill every month in high traffic areas

• Like 1

If you have cell coverage where you desire to place your camera then you are in the wrong spot.........try to get into a more remote spot....... unless you are a meat hunter!

• Like 1

Guilty. Yeah, never big on the horns- you can't eat them.

But- even Edwards Park has t mobile service. There's a few spots with cell that keep my interest. Im just hoping if I sick 350 into something, it'll keep working. (And does what it says)

• Like 1

For most places I hunt in AZ on of these would be worthless. For a guy in the Midwest they are pretty awesome though!

The odds are pretty high that it will eventually be stolen...or burned in a fire. Are you willing to lose an expensive camera? Not me. I will stick with the < $100 cameras.

• Like 1

I had some ideas to keep them out of sight, but I don't have the cash.

Went with a Primos 5MP- Dick usually sells them for like $29. I tried it out, it doesn't suck. I'll head back to Flag this weekend =)