dominiqh20

Looking for a Hunting rifle for a buddy

I'm trying to help my buddy in finding a hunting rifle. This will be his first time hunting mule deer. Looking anywhere from a 25/06, 30/06, .270, 7mm in those areas. Right now not looking for any type of short mag. Price range he can afford is anywhere from $400-$500, if possible with a decent scope on it, I know with that price range it might be a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to try right. Thanks fellas

Cabelas has racks near the gun library and they have Thompson Venture rifles for $375. Lots of options. All. New. I own one in .243 and it's one of the most accurate shooters for a stock out of e box rifle. It is heavy and the bolt is stiff but it shoots

Throw a vortex diamond back 4-12 on there and he is just over budget for a nice shooting brand new rig

• Like 1

Just bought a savage axis 2 in 6.5 creedmoor. Came with a weaver 3-9 scope for my kids. It shoots Hornady 140 eld's very well. He'd right around $500. For the money it's a good shooter.

• Like 5

My dad has a Remington 7400 in 270 he wants to sell for 300 obo

• Like 1

My brother has a Rem 700 in 30-06 he's looking to trade. Blued, dark green stock, with Burris 3-9x40 scope (fulfilled II model I believe?).

He's looking to trade for a handgun. G19 is what he is wanting...

I know its $100 over his budget, but if he could swing it, montejello's .308 with 2 scopes and ammo appears to be a screaming deal.

• Like 3

I received Bass Pro's and Dick's flyers yesterday in the mail.

Dick's has a Savage 111 Trophy Hunter (assorted calibers) with scope for 419.99. I bought this rifle in 7mm rem mag. Great rifle/scope combo...

Bass Pro has a Savage Axis II with scope for 379. Don't know much about that one...

I have a Browning Composite Stalker in 25/06 in that price range. Please see post on here listed under Rifles or let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Josh

I know its $100 over his budget, but if he could swing it, montejello's .308 with 2 scopes and ammo appears to be a screaming deal.

What he said!!! 👆

• Like 1

Couesdeer yea I know that's a heck of a deal. I told him about it, but he's at work so waiting for a response.

ASU thanks bud I'll check out the ad