Glad you got it figured out. What was the make and model of the original scope?

The make and model of the scope that went haywire is a Burris Veracity 5-25. I have been very happy with the scope and like i said, the scope was not defective, it was damaged. post-63-0-73192000-1475392491_thumb.jpg

Curious what rings you were using?

I wonder if they will reccomend their xtr rings with the plastic inserts to prevent this from happening.

Would like to know their response if you care to share once they give you a report.

I was torn between a Veracity and a LRS for my 22-250. I went with the LRS because I liked the G2 reticle better. Im still thinking about putting a Veracity on my 223 SBR though.....the current Burris scope sitting on it has been beat up but still holds zero.

Also curious of the rings/ mount it was in?

had the same thing happen to my uncles swarovski. just got it back from repairs. 2nd time in the last 3 years.

I bet that's a bit of a confidence shaker.

had the same thing happen to my uncles swarovski. just got it back from repairs. 2nd time in the last 3 years.

I bet that's a bit of a confidence shaker.

It is for him and he isnt very happy about it. especially with a deer and elk hunt coming up.

That looks like a case of over tightening the rings. Anything more than 20 inch pounds will affect the adjustments and damage the scope tube! You're lucky if they make that good.

The rings i use are xtreme hardcore gear rings. I always torque to 20. The rifle was loaned out and i think either a horse ran the rifle into a tree real hard or someone put extra torque on the rings to make sure they wouldn't come loose on the pack trip. Either way, i got it figured out. I'm sure burris will make it right.

I bet it took some kind of impact. Burris should take care of it.

Burris is owned by Steiner (or vice versa), and they both have a 100% lifetime transferable no questions asked warranty. Decent turnaround time too. My Steiner went back twice until it got figured out and came back acceptable. Both times took about 3 weeks from ship to recieved back.

I am sure Burris will handle it.

Well, Burris made it right. They replaced the scope with their newest model. I dropped it off at the post office last week and the new one will arrive tomorrow. Outstanding warranty and customer service in my book.

• Like 3

Glad to hear they took care of you!