Sign in to follow this  
bschantz@cox.net

Ruger Precision Rifle NIB 6.5 creedmoor Gen 2 $2850

Educate me on this gun please? I'm not understanding the purpose, looks to be the same weight, ergonomics and aesthetics as an AR but it's a bolt action. I guess I don't know why you'd lug that around without atleast getting the benefit of semi auto?

Its not even close to same weight as an AR. This gun is a heavy arse target gun. Cant imagine actually hunting with it

I have one in 243 and it is nothing like a AR .2 moa groups all day with 105 amax it was built for PRS matches I lug mine around all the time, folding stock. I actually lug 12-15lb rifles all the time. Get the right sling or Eberlestock pack I am GTG

• Like 1

I got mine for a very simple reason. "It looks cool"......

• Like 2

They are heavy! Especially for hunting, i know because mine was used for my deer and my wifes deer last year. But they are tack drivers. Price sucks on these things but they look awesome and shoot awesome. The nice thing is being able to use AR grips, handguards, scope mounts....etc. that being said this guy is definitely high on his price if he's serious.

Heavy shmeavy. Not a Ruger Precision but same concept.

This 308 weighs apps 13 lbs and will part the hairs on a pigs nuts at extreme ranges. I don't need to carry 5lbs of granola bars, water and trail mix and a cell phone to text my boy friend when I'm lonely during an all day hunt so the weight is not an issue.

post-331-0-90893800-1475810482_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

It's a simple concept. They are not made for hunting or "lugging" around. Though you can do that if you like. It's intended to be an entry level competition PRS gun. They are the best thing since slice bread. Most are shooting well below sub-Moa and a fraction of the price as a custom PRS gun. PRS shoots are awesome they have one in buckeye third Saturday of every month and it's at the maricopa country sheriff training facility. If you have FB look up AZ PRS it's a blast. you'll see me there with my ruger precision rifle 6.5 and Swaroski X5 scope. Nothing like putting rims on a pinto.

• Like 1

When these first came out the price was much better. But ruger has capitalized on the demand and pushed the price way up. This gun is for sale new now at 1500$ at Cabela's. So new out the door is not unreasonable. I also believe they will keep climbing in price. Plus the wait for them to finally hit the market again was very long.

• Like 1

When these first came out the price was much better. But ruger has capitalized on the demand and pushed the price way up. This gun is for sale new now at 1500$ at Cabela's. So new out the door is not unreasonable. I also believe they will keep climbing in price. Plus the wait for them to finally hit the market again was very long.

Not Sure what changes Ruger made on the new models, but they did raise the SUGGESTED retail. However, you can still find both old and new models in both .308 and 6.5 for $1100 - $1250 new with a little searching.