mulie hunter

Scope suggestions for Rem 700 CDL 30 06

You want to get to 500 or 600 yds. Ok. Does that mean banging gongs and boulders off the hood of your pickup, or capability of putting the first shot in a vital area on game? If the first, about any 3-9x40 scope with duplex crosshair will do. If the second, then you have more issues than just scope selection.

forepaw

Most of the major companies have BDC type reticles that will give a pretty close match with your ammo and point of impact to that distance. Some like Nikon and Burris, have free software to help calibrate your zero.

Leupold makes a CDS scope which is slightly out of your price range for a new one, but you could no doubt find a used one in good shape. The basic things for your rifle would be glass bed, free float, re-crown the muzzle, adjust trigger, clean the bore with JB Bore Paste, and practice from field positions. Especially in the wind. A 10 mph crosswind at 400 yds. will probably move your bullet 18". If you put up some paper targets, they will really tell the tale!

forepaw

You want to get to 500 or 600 yds. Ok. Does that mean banging gongs and boulders off the hood of your pickup, or capability of putting the first shot in a vital area on game? If the first, about any 3-9x40 scope with duplex crosshair will do. If the second, then you have more issues than just scope selection.

forepaw

What

Good choice. I like Burris scopes. With that reticle, if you zero at 200 yds. the post will get you to 600. If you combine with a good rangefinder, you can get an idea of how much to hold off for wind.

forepaw

• Like 1

If you are still looking for a scope, I have a Burris black diamond for sale in classifieds. 4-16x50 with ballistic plex. Like new condition. $400. Let me know if you are interested. Greg 602-826-7517.