pahncho2121

I decided to get in shape this year

Nice job, man. I need to get myself together and get in shape.

I want to start hiking in further to glass and hopefully hike out with more weight than I hiked in with ;)

Nice job, man. I need to get myself together and get in shape.
I want to start hiking in further to glass and hopefully hike out with more weight than I hiked in with ;)

Thanks! That's what started it all. Some friends and I planned a trip to hike into Fossil Creek and I didn't want to fall behind. Then hunts started coming up and I kept finding more motivation.

You nailed it. Its just the simple little things that pay off long term. The problem is just getting started. I'm up 45 pounds since my last elk tag. Time to start taking care of business.

You nailed it. Its just the simple little things that pay off long term. The problem is just getting started. I'm up 45 pounds since my last elk tag. Time to start taking care of business.

I agree, getting started is the hard part. After a few weeks getting up early to exercise was becoming a pain, then I finally noticed how good I was feeling throughout the day and that became addicting. It made working harder everyday worth it.

Nice video. That's my current philosophy. Small changes every week add up to big results in the long run. Keep it up brother!

Our family had a challenge toward the beginning of the year to see which couple could lose the most weight.  My wife and I chose to do Weight Watchers and I have been really happy.  I dropped about 40 lbs which included 2 vacations in that time.  I have realized the biggest thing is just eating smarter.  I still eat as much as I want but eat better foods.  And I feel way better.  Now to get my butt exercising for an elk hunt this fall.

• Like 2

Nice work! I know this is an older thread but I got divorced in March and decided it was a good excuse to set a better example for my daughter while also showing up my ex. Since then I've completely cut dairy, and I intermittently fast between 7pm and 11am. Otherwise, I just watch my portion sizes and cut down on sugary drinks and starchy carbs a bit, and drink less alcohol. With no change in exercise or the types of foods I eat with the aforementioned caveats, I've been able to lose 33.9lbs as of this morning. My goal is to drop another 10 more and then hold steady. I feel so much better. 

Nice job OuTkAsT! I've been trying to drop weight since draw results were posted. It has been tougher for me now that I am getting older to drop weight. I've been exercising 4-5 times a week and walking every weekend at least 12 miles and feel great but the scale isn't dropping much. I love food and yes I agree 100% that choices in foods are key. I have improved with my choice in foods and cut out sugar as much as possible. Hopefully the weight starts dropping before my late November hunt. I really like to shed the extra pounds to be able to hike to my favorites hills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quagmire said:

Nice job OuTkAsT! I've been trying to drop weight since draw results were posted. It has been tougher for me now that I am getting older to drop weight. I've been exercising 4-5 times a week and walking every weekend at least 12 miles and feel great but the scale isn't dropping much. I love food and yes I agree 100% that choices in foods are key. I have improved with my choice in foods and cut out sugar as much as possible. Hopefully the weight starts dropping before my late November hunt. I really like to shed the extra pounds to be able to hike to my favorites hills.

Thank you! 

My experience was much the same at first - I felt great and "thought" I should be seeing the pounds coming off each morning, but it took a long time to actually start seeing results on the scale. About the time I leveled off in "feeling great", that's when I actually started to shed fat and see results.

It's been up and down with the way I feel and my appetite fluctuated back and forth between not being hungry at all for days at a time to feeling like I could eat all day and never be satisfied, but I stuck with it and once the weight started dropping, it just kept consistently coming off week after week ever since for the most part... I do hit flat spots now and then -  go a full week without losing anything, then the following week I'd lose 2-3 lbs, seemingly at random. I don't understand the science of it, but I have started to identify foods that obviously stall out my metabolism. Pizza, for example... work buys us pizza all the time. I used to indulge in 2-3 slices, but since starting the weight loss journey I limited myself to 1 or 2 slices. I'd notice that even after just one or two slices of pizza for lunch, I wouldn't lose any weight at all for 2-3 days afterwards.

Once you get rolling, you should be able to identify things like that to avoid. Then it just comes down to having the willpower to say "no thanks" when they flood the office with pies! 😂 Having a good, reliable digital scale that measures down to 1/10th of a pound consistently is helpful in that regard. I got mine at Costco and it's been amazing. 

Good luck Quagmire! You can do it! 

• Like 2