Kilimanjaro

It's come to that time...

Well, the time has come for me to say goodbye to ya'lls great state. In the 4 1/2 years I've lived here, I've come to realize the Az is a good place to call home and hang your hat at the end of the day.. What I've come to enjoy about the state is the great changes in scenery you have within close driving distances.. open prairie, scorching desert flats, windswept mountaintops, dense pine forest, etc.. And although I've found beauty in all of them, I can honestly say that I truely fell in love with the San Rafael valley country... it has everything I find beautiful there all in one little area. Such a great and unique place that I will continue to visit every year..

For the most part, the people have been really kind and friendly out here.. especially in the smaller towns.. good, down to earth folks.

The hunting was OK for me out here.. mostly based on the fact that I came from a state with no draw, and soon found out how spoiled and privilaged I had had it back home in TX.. Along those same lines though, I found it quite fun hunting here in Az when I had a tag in hand!! And although I was only sucsessful only once with a good 82' coues, he means alot to me and I'll proudly display him on the wall.

I'll make my way back here for my elk, sheep and 'lope as the tags trickle into my hands over the coming years.. in the meantime, with my lifetime license, I'll make my pilgimage every season to chase my Mearns quail till I'm too old to hike the hills anymore!

I'll now be hanging my hat and kicking off my boots in Northern MT for the next 6 to 10 years.. I can't wait to settle in and begin my life there. It's gonna be a shock to me with the cold weather and such, but I'm looking forward to the change of scenery and pace of life.. I'll be in a town of less than 4K people. Not even a Wal Mart.. And with our new baby girl, I wouldn't want it any other way. There'll be plenty of hunting for me up there, with alot of new hunting I have yet to expirence.. plus tons to birds to chase with the dogs!!

To all of you I've had the pleasure of meeting off of here, I want to say thanks. You've helped this Texan feel right at home here in AZ while I was here. My door's always open in MT should you ever feel the need to head north to do a bit of fishing, bird hunting, or maybe some real Whitetail hunting!! :P :P J/k!! You guys are always welcome.. and remember, if any of ya'll are ever in Glacier National Park, I'm only 50 miles away! give me a ring!!

If ya'll don't mind, I'll still be on here as a regular sharing pics and stories with ya'll of my new expirences up in MT.. I've come to feel as part of the CWT family over the years!!

Guys, it's been fun!!

Enjoy everything MT has to offer! - Best of luck and please drop us a line upon your 'arrival' and some sweet FALL pics of the Montana mountains!

Doug

AzP&Y

Kind words about the state of AZ from someone who saw the worst of our state along the border for several years. Best regards to you and your family on your new adventures Scott. You're an inspiration with your travels, stories, and pics!

S.

:)

Best of luck to you and your family Scotty! You are always welcome on this site and I can't wait to see your great pictures and read your wonderful stories.

Phil

Scottyboy.....never got to meet you but always enjoyed your pics and stories. Best of luck with the BP up there......I'm sure with your background and outdoor prowess you'll fit in just fine!!

Dont forget your new title.

A displaced Texan formerly from Arizona now in Montanna.

I am sure you will have great success up there in them hills. ;)

Gotta admit, shakin your hand for the last time (well, i guess not for the last time since you will be back for mearns next year) was a little shocking. It was fun while it lasted and I enjoyed all of our outings together.

fair well scottyboy! hope bonnie and the lil one are as happy up there as you are going to be!

better put some of Penny's weight onto Virgil so he doesnt freeze his huevos off up there!

Hey Scottyboy,

Sounds like the next 6-10 years I will be covering your southern border for a change down here in Wyoming... LOL

I am coming up on a year now being away from my lifelong home in AZ, and I have not regretted the move at all.

Lots of new experiences to have, jobs to do and people to meet.

I found the Cold isn't that tough to get used to.... Its the darned cold WIND that makes it miserable at times.

Enjoy your new home and Job and know that there is probably no better place to raise a family than in a small town.

Share some of your new sights and hunts with us when you get settled.

Now we have a couple CWT stickered vehicles in this part of the country maybe we'll get some new sightings.

Travel safe!

Good luck and keep us posted on your new adventures! I always enjoy your posts and comments.

Take care

azyoung