Sign in to follow this  
Hunterdan

Back-to-Back Antelope Hunts

I hunted over by Roswell New Mexico on my First Antelope hunt. Me and a friend scouted the Ranch I was assigned hard for the 2 days prior to the hunt. We looked over all the Bucks on the Ranch and this was the biggest Buck on the Ranch. I was worried about the 2 other hunters who had landowner tags. But luckly they did not know about this buck as he was living in a thick brushy part of the Ranch. I was able to get on him opening morning and take him.

I hunted in Wyoming on my second hunt. We seen lots of Antelope and looked over a lot of Bucks. As most of you know Wyoming has lots of Antelope but is not generally known for the type of Bucks that Arizona and New Mexico produces. I was very excited when I glassed up this buck and was able to take him. He was by far the biggest buck I seen and did not expect to take a buck of this caliber in Wyoming.

Dan,

The New Mexico buck is sweet but i really love the water buffalo looking bucks. I would have smacked him in a heart beat if i had the tag!!!

Congrats to a great season of antelope hunting!!

I go after mine in about two weeks near Fence Lake, New Mexico--i have three days and i will hold out for the best one i can find before busting one.