Sign in to follow this  
BOWUNTR

WTB - panning tension knob for Jim White pan head

I know it's a long shot but does someone have a panning tension knob for Jim White pan head that they wouldn't mind selling? Thanks, Ed F

post-522-0-92648200-1481631813_thumb.jpg

not to hijack this thread, but are the Jim White tripod head covered by a patent? And if so, who holds it now? And if not, why cant we make our own replacement/repair parts?

not to hijack this thread, but are the Jim White tripod head covered by a patent? And if so, who holds it now? And if not, why cant we make our own replacement/repair parts?

Already looking into it. David

I have the parts to make another one. The plastic tip is key for smooth panning... I want the original replacement and call it done... thanks. Ed F

Yes they are patented. Wife holds the patent.

A big shout out to Couescrazy33 and Tac. Couescrazy33 graciously gave me an extra knob that he had. It was an older knob with the brass tip so Tac jumped it and gave me advice to go pick up a plastic transmission check valve ball (1/4"). Dropped the ball into the hole, screwed the knob down and presto... problem solved. Good as new. Thanks a bunch guys. Ed F

This is why cwt members are the best around. :)

TJ

• Like 1

Jim White's wife passed away a while back and all remaining items went to her daughter that's all I know.