Sign in to follow this  
GameHauler

The 'Too Quick To Tell' Bull

Thanks everyone.

This was a great hunt for Linnea. She really had a lot of fun and excitement on this one.

We had a Bull picked out for Friday morning that turned out to be a better Bull than we thought.

I stayed on this bull all week and we had him in our sights at first light at 250 yards. The problem was that the wind really screwed us up and he keep putting yardage between us before we were able to shoot.

There was another gal hunting the same Bull and she was able to take him about an hour after day light.

We are VERY happy for her as she put in more time on him than we did.

We talked with her Thursday morning about hunting the same Bull and they were just great about it.

It sure is nice to have REAL hunters out there respecting each other.

Congratulations Media ? (spelling)

We had another 6X6 right there with us that we tried to get on, but he put about 500 yards between us and we just did not want to take a chance at that yardage.

So, wrap up the morning and go get some breakfast.

We talked about our game plan and figured we would go after our back-up Bull that afternoon.

I get a call about 20 minutes after trying to take a little nap saying Colton has spotted a Bull we might want to go take a look at.

About two and a half hours after the call we were in the area of of the Bulls.

It is so much fun when you have a hunter with so much excitement going thru them.

The Bull screaming in the valley below us and then cow calling and having him come right at us, only to bust us at 30 yards, and head back up the other side to provide the opportunity,

BEFORE WE CAN EVEN PUT BINOS ON HIM, HE IS ON THE GROUND <_< :D

We are very happy with Linnea's Bull and the GREAT hunting experience we had.

Thanks Colton (you animal) Troy and Gino for making this a hunt my daughter will NEVER forget.

Mike :D

By the way,

Rumer has it the Bull we were after scored about 380" with about 14 to 20 broke off :o

Congrats on a great bull. Theres nothing better than having kids in the outdoors. My friends 13 year old has a late bull tag and he is so pumped.

Can't wait to see him drop his first elk.

Mike

great job guys. i was looking for you this weekend.

Well let me start out by saying that it was an Honor to be apart of this hunt. Being able to hunt with great friends and

making new friends is alway's very special. My hat goes off to Linnea for all of her hunting capabilities the she has

aquired over the years from her Dad (gamehauler) and also the way she handles a rifle is amazing. 300+ yrds

and the bull just flat out dropped :o

Let me tell you guy's that Linnea sure can put on the miles in some pretty rough terrain :o :blink: When we all headed to the bull Linnea flat out smoked her Dad and Gino getting there :o :lol: :lol: and I have it all on video :P

Anyhow I am still recovering from packing most of the elk out myself :ph34r: :rolleyes: and I am looking forward

to my two daughters bull hunts that are coming up soon :rolleyes: Cant wait to make more memories with family and friends.

Oh yeah if I find a field day on or after 11/9 and before 12/6 I will also be going on my soon to be 10yr olds first

cow hunt. Her and I are keeping our fingers crossed that she gets a class in on time. If not maybe I can donate her cow tag

(with short notice ) to an organization????

Any how Thank you Linnea and Mike for letting me apart of your hunt. And yes Mike- Colton is an ANIMAL when it comes to

packing out game :o And Gino I sure have learned a wealth of knowledge over the last few years from you. ;) Like how

to maintain a beer gut :o :lol: :lol: :lol: JK - Thanks Gino

Congrats, Linnea! ;) You are a real trooper in the woods and you put the Smack Down on a great bull!! ;)

Linnea is not blessed with her dad's long legs, but still managed to keep up with us. ;) :D .

At first I felt kinda bad that we put Linnea in a possition of.... "shoot - don't shoot". <_< We had many bigger bulls on video and patterned, ready to "harvest". But, I generally hate afternoon elk hunts and so we thought that afternoon would be well spent looking at new bulls... just in case. I felt that we had lots of time to hunt and get one of our other bulls and I needed the exercise....beer gut. :lol: :lol: That afternoon hunt is one of my favorite Ever!! The way it went down was just, too, cool!! We had no radios (forgot them :rolleyes: ) and very limited cell service (only on high ground). It took us a long time to get to the Right canyon that Colton had spotted the bull in and he did not want to come out of that overgrown mess for us to look at him. <_< With a little creative calling between me and Colton (1000+ yds away) we got him up and moving toward us. I thought for sure we could get a good look and make the call.... but that bull was on the ground about as fast as I could let go of my call and lift my bino's!!! :blink: :D Linnea said to me that she saw a "6 point" and shot!! :D She finished her hunt, her way... and it was a ball!! I know that her Dad and I had big expectations for her to harvest our #1 bull or another big bull..... But, I think that Linnea is thrilled with Her Bull!!! That is what it is ALL about!!!! I was glad to been a part of such a great family hunt! You raised a great kid there, Mike!! To Troy and Colton.... Thanks.... ya'll made it easy!!

As a side note I must send out a big Congrats to a girl I have known most of my life (we grew up together).... Congrats on a well deserved bull, Media! ;) He did gross over 380" and had about 20+" broke. The years of hard work paid off on a Great Bull!!!

Gino

Linnea,

That is a great bull!!! It sounds like it was a blast. You should be more careful who you hang out with though. Them boys are crazy! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm just teasing. Congratulations on an incredible hunt. Your lucky to have a dad like yours. ;)

I also wanted to take a minute to thank Tanner-AZBIGHORNHUNTER and his Dad Dick for the effort in scouting and being on another hill opening morning for Linneas Hunt.

The extra eyes were nice to have along ;)

Sure wish I could go and help on Baileys hunt this weekend.

Good luck,

Mike