MULEPACKHUNTER

Healthy eats check in

My morning go-to is usually some yogurt with granola and a banana. Looking forward to see what others post up...

Ya I also just grab a yogurt and breakfast bar. Works well hunting too, easy and quick. I do the fruit and yogurt with micro biology going on as to keep the guy doing well. I find as I get older my gut needs more help than it used to. Exercise and fermented foods seem to be the way to go. Kambuca is really good as well, tastes like crap but really helps you crap. Lol

Quick tip, cook your eggs in water in a non stick skillet, just a little water and the cover with foil and cook on low, will steam the tops to a nice easy over easy or sunny side

When looking at calories with the wife we found we use a lot of olive oil. Not bad fat but tons of calories by volume. I cut a lot of oil and my coffee creamer and I lost weight without much other effort.

When looking at calories with the wife we found we use a lot of olive oil. Not bad fat but tons of calories by volume. I cut a lot of oil and my coffee creamer and I lost weight without much other effort.

A couple years ago I kept a nutrition log as part of a fitness challenge. Found that I was getting something like 200 empty calories a day from coffee creamer. Black with a little sweetener (actually local honey is my current favorite) ever since.

I just made the switch from regular to decaf in an attempt to lower my BP and bought a fitbit and BP monitor. I try to eat a piece of fruit a day, apple or pear, Dannon Triple Zero Yougurt 4x a week. Oatmeal late morning during the week and cherrios on the weekend sometime with blueberries.

A few years ago I completely cut out soda, chips, cookies, candy frozen or canned veggies. After work snack is a handful of raw almonds, once in a while trailmix or jerky.

Dinner is usually grilled chicken or maybe salmon or ahi with grilled or steamed veggies or once in a while whole wheat/grain spaghetti or Jasmine Rice with curry powder and tumeric. Fresh garlic eaten about 6 days a week at dinner either grilled or crushed and chopped in the veggies or on the meat/fish dish.

I am going to cutback on red meat, pork and lamb and will try to only eat meat at dinner, although on the weekends I get hungry in the early afternoon and snack on canned mackeral or sardines but I read the sodium content because some sardine offerings can be rediculously high. I also never use sugar or salt and a dozen eggs can last me two months. I do use quite a bit of olive oil, California Olive Ranch as it had very high ratings but I have read that the Spanish Olive Oils usuall take the top awards every year.

When I have stuffed bell peppers I go to Sprouts and get bulk chicken sausage, mix in an egg, little olive oil, tumeric, cooked rice or Italian Bread Crumbs and sometimes Vietnamese Fancy Cinnamon from Penzys Spices in Tempe Marketplace which is a lighter more menthol clean tasting cinnamon.

I'm sure I left out a bit but this gives you a general idea.

Looks pretty good, I agree with the soda and snacks, I have not had fast food in several years, like 6 years. No soda longer than that.

Actually I don't even have to try really during the day but dinner time is out issue, my wife and I love good food and wine, it's really tuff not to crave nice formal dinner every night. For years when the kids were home we sat down for dinner every night. I think if we could cut back on our forms dinners we could really lean down.

My wife is clinging to her creamer like its life it's self, women I think have a tougher time letting go of habits or cravings, ice cream is home made in our house and I won't even mention that one, she would throw me out for sure.

Got a Nutra Ninja blender so my breakfast and snacks have become protein shakes. Lots of fresh fruit, greek yogurt, skim milk, protein whey. My favorite so far is fat free orange sherbet, mango juice, greek yogurt, vanilla protein whey. Next I am going to substitute strawberries and bananas with skim milk for the mango juice.

When im trying to slim my obese butt down, I usually do 2 eggs and 2 strips of bacon for breakfast, a protein shake with 2 scoops, coconut water and usually a fee home grown cherry tomatoes and a handful of blackberries, strawberries or raspberries. Dinner is usually a pretty solid meal where I consume most of my calories. I try to stick to baked or grilled meat, a veggie and a small tater, small serving of noodles,or rice.