hunter07

Whats the Weirdest?

Quail hunting a few years back we followed a group of birds into a Mesquite thicket, well when we got through the thicket it opened up to a big marijuana patch with natural running water and everything to it.

Where at..... :lol:

dang hunters are always bustin my................... :rolleyes:

So did you sample the your findings??

:ph34r:

Quail hunting a few years back we followed a group of birds into a Mesquite thicket, well when we got through the thicket it opened up to a big marijuana patch with natural running water and everything to it.

Where at..... :lol:

Lark you know the are quite well at least you did when you were a youngster

th_smokingpot.gif

Where the heck do you guys find these things. Is there a website that has a bunch of 'em?

I read all these stories and am very entertained by them. As I am reading I try to think of some kind of story to contribute but nothing really comes to mind. I've had tons of great times hunting just nothing really weird.

So anyways........my dad and I leave my house at 3 AM this past Saturday to go scouting for our November hunt in 36A. We get to the spots we want to glass from just as it gets light enough to glass. My dad forgot his tripod so I let him use mine since he's using 15x Swaros and I'm using the featherweight 12x42 monarchs. I do the best I can without a tripod and manage to find two bucks about 1000 yards out. I only see them for a few seconds, just long enough to tell that they are bucks. I also manage to find a spike and later a doe on the hill in front of me. At about 10 we meet up near the top of the next hill North and set up to glass on the other side. Nothing. We head down the hill and get on the main road heading back to my car. We are about a quarter mile away when something unusual somehow catches my attention back in the bushes off the road. Now this is a main road through 36A that I know will be heavily traveled in the upcoming Oct and Nov hunts. The road had also just very recently been scraped. So I start heading off the road towards this thing I see back in the bushes. My dad gives me this weird look and says "Where are you going?" He hadn't seen anything. I said "Hold on, there's something over here." Once I thought I knew what it was I said "Dad get over here." He walked over to where I was and when we were about 40 feet away it was very clear and obvious what it was. That's as close as I got to it. Now I wish I didn't have anything to contribute to this thread. I came across something I never ever hope to find again out in the desert or anywhere. It was the body of a person laying on the ground probably 30 yards or so off of the road. I won't describe it but from that distance it was very obvious that it had been there for at least a few weeks. There was no bad smell, I think that's why it hadn't been found yet. There's lot of trash, water bottles, clothes, backpacks, etc down there and I really don't know how a tiny glimpse of something from where it was caught my eye. Needless to say it was not a pleasant experience and it was disturbing enough to me to almost not make me want to go down there anymore. I marked the spot on my GPS and I called the Pima County Sherriff and gave them the coordinates and told them roughly how to get there. They called me that evening and let me know that they recovered the body. They said that it appeared to be an undocumented alien who died of dehydration. There are two sources of water within a quarter mile of where he was laying. Saturday night I did not sleep well, I woke up about 3 or 4 times and I think probably snuggled in a little closer to my wife :unsure: . It's an image I will never be able to erase from my mind.

I can understand that! That is something that I have never ever found, and if I do ever find one, it will be about 124332434 years too soon. I can take much of anything, but when it comes to dead bodies, I think I will pass thank you.

I've seen some strange things, but I didn't really have any thing to post until now. I saw a black bull elk in unit 1 this weekend. I thought I might have been mistaken and the bull had maybe been rolling in mud, but when I got a closer look it was definetly a melanistic(sp) bull. Just after seeing the bull I walked into a camp of turkey hunters who said they had seen it 3 times in less than a week. It would have made a great mount as it's antlers were even dark in color.

once when i was fishing goldwater lake, just south of prescott, i saw a coyote chasing a 3x3 mulie. the mulie jumped in the lake and started swiming across the main part of the lake. the coyote jumped in after him. some teenage boys saw this as well, jumped in there canoe, paddled to the coyote and started hiting him with there paddles until some old guy yelled at them to stop. it was pretty cool.

Here's a couple to add

Saw a doe chasing a coyote about 25 yrs ago in 4b. She chased this yote down the hill across the canyon from me. Well after about 5 minutes and a very slow day, I decided to take out the yote. Fired 1 shot and dropped him. The doe stopped, looked around and then went over and nudged him a few times. She stood there looking around and looking at him, then after about 5 minutes more and I got up to start across the canyon she saw me and headed up the hill again.

Another thing was in 24b near an old mine. We were hunting uphill from a trailer and about dark we were starting down the hill toward the tuck. Some guy comes out of the trailer and starts yelling and dancing around with his pants down around his ankles. He kept it up... Errrr, rather he "kept at it"... for a few minutes then went back in the trailer . A bit later we hear the same sounds and get to a spot we can see, and here is the old guy doing his dropped drawers dance again. We nicknamed him Crazy Larry, and I'll say it sure was hard to hike that hill in the future while keeping quiet. All the laughing and snickering....