Looking for new bow for my wife. she is a long time shooter, but has not had a new bow since 98. She will be drawn for elk this year so she wants something faster lighter than the highcountry ultra force she currently shoots.

I shoot a long bow for last 5 years so am of no help. We were looking at a Mathews Avail but the shop did not have the modules for her draw length.

Any insight would be appreciated.

My wife shoots the Elite Spirit. Not cheap but a really nice set up. I would get a draw specific bow for her and not a one size fits all. Have her shoot a lot of bows to decide what fits her best. Make those pro shops do their job and set them up for her. If they won't move on to one that will. Don't fall for the this is the best one for her line. Shoot shoot shoot until you find the one that will draw the smoothest and she can consistently shoot accurate with. A lot of guys wives shoot. They would be happy to let you shoot theirs as well if needed to compare. Good luck...

There is a girl at the range that shoots the Bowtech Eva Shockey and that thing is sweet! 3.3lbs and IBO of 332fps

I f your wife has a 30" draw length and pulls 70 pounds it does.

Actually, for womens bows IBO is 28.5, 60lbs and 300g arrow.

My partner and I both shoot Parker. They are older now but when we bought them they were some of the lightest bows on the market. We have been very happy with them. You might check what their current models are like.

I assume since you're from Gisela, you went to the shop in Payson. You might want to give a couple shops a call here in Phoenix and see if they have some bows in stock for her draw length and weight requirements so she can shoot some before making any decisions. It's pretty hard to suggest bows for someone else. Everyone's different. I would call Ross Outdoor, Arizona Archery Club, Corner Archery and Archery Headquarters. Good luck

Yep I went to the shop in Payson, would like to keep my money local but he really on had a Mathews and didn't have the right modules.

I emailed Ross just for a list of what they might have, but they have not replied.

My wife is trying to shoot a lot right now to get ready for elk and a new bow. she will be shooting a few bows before the choice is made.

thanks for all the replies.

Yep I went to the shop in Payson, would like to keep my money local but he really on had a Mathews and didn't have the right modules.

I emailed Ross just for a list of what they might have, but they have not replied.

My wife is trying to shoot a lot right now to get ready for elk and a new bow. she will be shooting a few bows before the choice is made.

thanks for all the replies.

Ross is in the process of moving shop location so they may be pretty busy and trying to cut inventory I'm guessing.