Guest oneshot

BobCat in the Hood

I saw a video on one of those nature shows where a bobcat wandered into a back yard and got into a stare down with a domestic house cat. The bob was twice the size of the domestic, but the domestic showed no fear and the bob ended up backing down and turning tail.

I would bet the house on a bobcat over any domestic K9.

You could easily loose the house on that one. Yes, the bobcat can dish out some damage. A bobcat is not going to take a rottie down by grabbing it by the neck in typical cat fashion, the rottie's neck is just to thick and muscular. If it tries it will get the back half of it's own body bit. The rottie can completely destroy any part of the cat it can get it's mouth on. A rottie's bite is powerful enough crush the bones in your arm.
I can attest to that. I have, with my own eyes seen a rottie dang near take a mand arm off. A sound I will never forget.

In his younger years, my old man rez mut would have given that catalog run for his money. He used to get in some decent scraps at the dog park when he was 2-6.

You are going to lose your house. Contrary to what the t-shirts used to say, the size of the dog in the fight matters a lot. That bobcat would not last long against any bigger dog that has much prey drive.

Cool pics! I always find it amazing how much wildlife is living right amongst us and most people have no idea. Ive seen bobcats a couple blocks from my house and coyotes on my street. I guess theres still enough farm fields and brushy ditches out here that they can hide out in.

The one that most impressed me though is that there used to be a fox living in the 10in. Wide gap between the shop I used to work at in tempe and the next building over. On priest and southern, nothing even close to wilderness or even a park around there.

Growing up close to farm country with cold winters, I really expected something different based on the title.