Sign in to follow this  
Nvkid

Arizona Newbie Seeking Advice

I've been hunting muley's in Nevada for 40 years. I moved to Arizona 2 years ago and am entering the draw for the first time. I'm thinking about area 27 for coues this year. Do any of you have any advice on hunting coues in Arizona or the best areas to enter the draw? Thanks in advance!

Pick a unit close to your home so you can get out and glass a lot during the spring and summer.

• Like 3

I would not start my coues career in 27. Learn how to hunt them in an easier unit with more deer. An inexperienced coues hunter might have a hard time even finding a coues in 27

• Like 4

Thanks very much for the advice so far. I just picked 27 on some advice I had gotten that i might have good odds of drawing a tag. Any advice on camping area also

There's way more units that are easier to draw, so I wouldn't hunt it just for that reason. Where do you live? That would be/is my deciding factor on where I hunt.

I agree with what others have said. Pick somewhere closer

I would think any unit in the lower 20's would be a lot easier for you. Just look at a unit map. They're all going to be drawable for you and all units hold nice deer.

• Like 1

As a few have mentioned above.....I would try and stick to units that are closer to home that you can scout more. Scouting = Success.