Sign in to follow this  
azcouesandelk

36B HAM Javelina

I left Thursday night for 3 days of pig hunting and deer scouting with my dad and it went great. We went to one of my favorite perches and glassed for about an hour turning up 4 does and a spike when my dad called me over to where he was glassing and said he had a herd of pigs. The pigs were about 300 yards below us and he wanted me to go after him even though he had a tag in his pocket also. I worked my way down one of the catclaw filled fingers and got to the bottom. When I was halfway down I watched at 10 pigs from the heard fed up over the next ridge. I got to the bottom and saw 3 pigs still milling around on the hillside. I then worked my way through the rock filled bottom as quietly as possible and saw the pigs looking in my direction. At this point the pigs are at 48 yards and it is wide open between me and them so I decide I would take the shot. I draw back and let the arrow fly. When I released I felt myself lift the bottom of the bow and the arrow hit the pig in the neck. It took 2 steps and stopped which gave me an opprotunity to knock another arrow and draw back. This time I settled in well and released and watched the arrow go right into the pig where I was aiming. I gave it about 15 minutes since I heard it crash and knew I had hit it well. I walked along following the great blood trail and saw the pig no more than 50 yards from where I had hit it. I was shooting the 2 blade Rage broadheads and those things leave a devastating hole. My second shot had cut a good portion of the liver and sliced the lungs well also. When my dad got down he said we were even since on my first pig hunt I found a ringtail and he shot at it and this was my return for that. He also said he did not want to shoot a pig since he forgot how bad they actually stunk. We did glass up another herd of pigs that afternoon but got sidetracked watching a nice buck.

101_0001edited.jpg

101_0010edited.jpg

Congrats, way to get er done. You've killed as many big game animals in the last few weeks(2) as I have in my life. Go get you a big buck this fall to complete the hat trick.

Congratulation on your first pig and thanks for posting the story and pics. So that is what they look like. I'll try again if I draw a tag. These are my favorite to eat. NO, I'm not kidding! ;)

TJ

Congrats on the piggie! We might need to stop whackin' pigs out of that herd.......won't be any left before long! Great job, JIM>

Good job! Is your hat gitting tight yet? There is no hope for you from now on! Good luck finding a wife that can put up with or keep up with your adiction! :P

Lance

Good job! Is your hat gitting tight yet? There is no hope for you from now on! Good luck finding a wife that can put up with or keep up with your adiction! :P

Lance

Yeah but there is hope I heard that there is a new girl on the forum named GHsFirstGirl only thing is I think Casey got a hold of her :P :ph34r:

Nice Christian!! Congrats! I was down there yesterday looking for deer and found a big herd of Javvies............and 4 mojados wanting a ride :blink:

You've really been racking them up this year, keep it up bro!

Lance

Yeah but there is hope I heard that there is a new girl on the forum named GHsFirstGirl only thing is I think Casey got a hold of her :P :ph34r:

you lost hope for taylor swift? :P ...I was not going to pursue her but now she is open :rolleyes:

Lance

you lost hope for taylor swift? :P ...I was not going to pursue her but now she is open :rolleyes:

Never said that now gypsy. I can work 2 at the same time :P :ph34r: :P :ph34r: