Kilimanjaro

Sunshine and warm weather ditch parrots...

Hey guys.. thought you might enjoy checking out today's hunt we had up here in the "great white" north here in Montana.. yeah right!! it was 82 up here!! But that's all about to come to screeching halt.. old man winter is surely on his way!!

Anyways, we have somehow gotten access to over 4K acres of PRIME pheasant country up here on private property that no one else is allowed to hunt... we finally got out today for the first time and low and behold, the pheasants were THICK!! Everyone was telling us how good the pheasant hatch was this year around our parts, and they weren't kidding at all! We litterally had hundreds boiling out of the high grass on us on the first pass of the morning.. All in all, we ended up with 3 limits between us before lunchtime, and a couple of Huns thrown in for good measure.. not a bad day for sure!!

How all is going well for everyone in Az!!

my first MT rooster!!

MTbirds007.jpg

...and this double rounded out my limit for the day!!

MTbirds038.jpg

we were 2 shy of the limit for us when we took this pic.. 20 minutes later, we had 'er done and were having a cold one!!

MTbirds048.jpg

MTbirds018.jpg

MTbirds031.jpg

take care guys!!

beautiful color on those birds. Looks like you are enjoyin life!

Nice Birds- if you don't use the tails on those birds- would love em' for tying some PT nymphs.

Bought my ticket to Alaska already for next summer and need to start the fly tying factory again!

I can PM you with my address if you still have any leftovers. I'd be more than happy to pay for postage.

Nice Shooting and the color of those 'ditch pigeons' is incredible.

Glad you've got some free time to chill and enjoy the country. Any plans for a spring peak/bag?

AzP&Y

Doug