Sign in to follow this  
MT_Sourdough

Heads Up! Again

I dig Randy Newberg and I believe he has the basic objective as I do, but the partisanship causes activists on the side of protecting public lands to pu$$y foot around the truth. The second link you showed offered about AZ is weak as all get out. Where does it mention the state politicians that are siding with public land sale off? Senator Flake, for example, is an author of a bill to undermine the public lands.

As a political independent, I am so disturbed by the fact that the people that I am aligned with on this issue are typically partisan and therefor in conflict between their lifestyle (hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation) and their political bias.

The truth is the Republicans in the west are pushing for the end of public ownership of land and they will eventually succeed as long as they believe they can get away with it and not pay the political consequences.

One thing is for sure, every acre of public land is taken from us is gone forever. We'll never get it back.

• Like 3

Hold on, aren't your link and my link basically talking about the same thing, except yours is showing the ball has started rolling, and mine is more of a heads up on things to come? No I can't prove anything he has stated on his site that is happening to AZ is actually the truth, you could google until your eyes bleed, and still not find out the truth. I am a independent, and I 100% agree with the bottom half of your comment.

Always thought Flake was an idiot, now McCain is becoming one, only my opinion ....

• Like 1

Always thought Flake was an idiot, now McCain is becoming one, only my opinion ....

McCain is becoming one? He's been one for many years now!

• Like 7

McCain and Flake neocons? Now that is funny. I Can't remember the last time he was accused of even slightly resembling a conservative.

Throughout McCain's career he has been criticized for being a RINO. I also agree that he has taught Flake everything he knows.

• Like 1

McCain and Flake neocons? Now that is funny. I Can't remember the last time he was accused of even slightly resembling a conservative.

Throughout McCain's career he has been criticized for being a RINO. I also agree that he has taught Flake everything he knows.

Look up Neoconservative on wikipedia. Take a good look at what it means, and the notable politicians on the Neocon list.

Do you guys actually read the bills? Or should I say the Bill since only one is actually an introduced Bill. I for one hate seeing public lands sold off and more so I hate seeing public lands locked by private property. The reality is Land has, does and will be sold for many reasons. but nothing I see in this one Bill is about selling off huge amounts of land. Reading the bill it is apparent that this is targeting the small parcels locked up in all these stupid checker board lands( most of which are not easily accessed for hunting ) I for one would prefer Land swaps and new boundries creating large parcels of public land that is accessible and get rid of checker boarding, though this will never happen. Arizona has sold, traded or transferred less than 13% of State Trust Land that was deeded in 1910 the lowest of any state granted with such trusts, so I am sure it could be a lot worse. Honestly, I would not mind a bill like this for the small guys but Knowing that it will be people like those who Own and Run Big Bo that would swoop in , buy and profit from such a Bill, for that reason I hope this Bill and any other like it never make it to the floor.

I've read the bill. I quess your opinion of "small tracts" of land is greatly different than mine, up to 160 acre parcel, and you can buy one parcel a year, so it's possible to end up with a square mile in 4 years? The bill does talk about land becoming available to adjacent landowners, but it doesn't say how many adjacent parcels will become available at any given time. It also doesn't say that a large amount parcels won't become available all at the same time.