Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Hunts for Heros, Point Guard, and CC Update Deadline

With the credit card update deadline looming just over a week away (7/6/17), I thought it might be a good time to remind everyone of one of the great benefits of our relatively new Point Guard program.

What most everyone knows is that for a $5 fee you can buy Point Guard (essentially bonus point insurance which allows you to surrender your tag and get all of your bonus points back). Yes, this can be a very controversial topic, but I would really prefer we not get into that here. Rather I would like to point out one of the great options available to you if you end up needing to surrender your tag.

Should you be unable to use your tag, you can donate it to Arizona Elk Society's Disabled Veterans “Hunts for Heroes” Program. They will issue your tag to one of our disabled veterans and provide the needed resources to make sure our veterans have a fantastic experience. If you purchased Point Guard, you would get all of your points back and would also be doing a great thing for one of our heroes. I have spoken with the Hunts for Heroes program director, and he encourages you to get in touch with him, prior to contacting AZGFD, if you are looking to donate your tag so that he can make sure your tag goes to the right place, and that you get your points back. He will guide you through the process.

It is not too late to purchase Point Guard if you did not do so at the time of submitting your application. You can still add it through your AZGFD portal now through the credit card update deadline.

While I am not directly affiliated with the Hunts for Heroes program, I do know most of the individuals who run it, and be happy to direct anyone to where they can find the answers to any questions they have. Also, check out the link below.

Thanks!

www.arizonaelksociety.org/hunts-for-heroes

You can also read some of these veterans letter here:

https://issuu.com/aes_trackers/docs/tracker_q1_2017_web

• Like 3

I've personally donated a tag to this organization. It's a fantastic organization with very dedicated people volunteering their time to help out veterans. I highly recommend getting involved or donating a tag!

• Like 8

My partner donated a tag to hunt for Heroes last fall. This spring we volunteered to take a veteran out on a hunt. It was a great experience. I really like to see those tags go to deserving individuals rather than remain unused.

• Like 2

+1 for the Hunts for Heros and Arizona Elk Society. There are many people in front and ton more behind the scenes that help these hunters/programs succeed and be a blast full of memories. There are a bunch of CWT members that help and many donated tags as already posted.

What rossislider posted is great video and example of the heart felt appreciation that these heros have. If you can't use a tag, or have time to donate or contacts, reach out to the H4H contacts.

Andrew

• Like 1

If you don't buy point guard, and you donate your tag to hunts for heros, do you still keep your points?

nope

you must purchase point guard in order to keep points

• Like 2