Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

AZ Hunters Who Care Fall Cleanup

Units 36A, B& C.

BASE CAMP will be off of the ARIVACA ROAD (milepost 17.6)!

WHEN: Saturday and Sunday, December 8 & 9, 2007, 8:00 AM start. Lunch will be at Base camp from 11am-1pm. Please RSVP so we can provide enough food.

WHO: Hunters Who Care Volunteers, Pima County Parks and Recreation, BLM, State Land Department, Local Rancher, SCI, RMEF, ADA, Desert Archers, and the AZ Game and Fish Department and any other dedicated outdoorsman who would like to help clean up our desert.

WHAT: Our goal for this clean up is to pick up trash on 3 ranches in Game Management Units 36A, B & C: the Marley Ranch, the Rancho Seco, and the Sopori Ranch (off of Chavez Siding). However, we are not limited to those areas and volunteers can clean up wherever they like.

WHERE: Base Camp will be off of the Batamote Road on the Marley Ranch. DIRECTIONS: Take 1-19 South to Arivaca Junction (Amado) and exit west. Take the Arivaca Road to Mile Post 17.6 and go right (Northwest) 8 tenths of a mile to the Camp. Trash Bags and Dumpsters will be available at the campsite.

HOW: Volunteers are encouraged to look for trash anywhere they want. If anyone needs any additional accommodations, dumpsters or trailers in different areas, trash bags before the event, of if you are looking for a group to help please contact Gabriel Paz or Lance Altherr in advance.

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

Lance Altherr (Hunters Who Care) azhunterswhocare@hotmail.com

Officer Gabriel Paz (AZGFD) 520-883-0487 or gpaz@azgfd.gov

Officer Mike Hollister (AZGFD) 520-625-9759 mhollister@azgfd.gov

“Hunters Who Care” is a group of hunters, guides, sportsmen, hunting clubs, and various other groups who are tired of seeing the desert littered with trash. They have come together to clean up our desert and to help landowners who are overwhelmed with immigration problems.

post-565-1194565366_thumb.jpg

post-565-1194565559_thumb.jpg

This is one of the areas in 36B that we will be cleaning up! There are over 2000 backpack in this location.

ok couple of questions...

1 is it open to anyone?

2 if i bring my food do i need to rsvp because i cannot commit entirely but i really think this is an awesome event and, if finals permit, i would like to make it out at least one day.

Thanks in advance

Anyone and everyone are invited!

The past couple of year we have averaged 300 people at the events!

All of the food is being catered in, just show up, even if you didn't RSVP. We will have plenty!

Everything is provided!

Lance

devilslayup1.jpg

2.jpg

The top photo is a area in 36B and the bottom photo is a area in 36A. We will be sending groups to both of these spots and many more this weekend!

Great Lance,

Looks like you might see a new CW.com member at the event.

Ill try and PM you soon and ask you some other Q's i have

If anyone knows some illegals in Mexico can you send them is thread? It would be nice if we could get them to clean up their own mess.

On a serious note does anyone here who works for the border patrol know if illegals can be put on a work duty before they are deported? The would be one nice way to ease this problem.

and does anyone know how far away this is from tucson??

It is about 30-40 minutes from the I-10 / I-19 junction ;)

Guys, anyone can come, and you dont need to bring anything! We provide everything!

Lancepost-565-1196824231_thumb.jpg