Sign in to follow this  
AZ420

Auction/Raffle Tags

Having been responsible for several large velvet bulls hitting the ground I can tell you they don't loose close to 30/45 inches. In close to 25 yrs of doing this the most I have ever seen lost is apx 11 inches. That bull will finish well over 400 inches.....

But they will lose 10-15 additional inches when the bull is scored by someone other than the guides that killed it. ;) everyone can heckle me but I don't see 425"
It was scored by an official measurer. Of course it isn't official in any way but at least he knew what he was doing. In the field they got 422. Later it was scored at 425.

Last time I checked the score was 3 - 2, top of the 7th, 1 on and 2 outs.

• Like 2

Having been responsible for several large velvet bulls hitting the ground I can tell you they don't loose close to 30/45 inches. In close to 25 yrs of doing this the most I have ever seen lost is apx 11 inches. That bull will finish well over 400 inches.....

But they will lose 10-15 additional inches when the bull is scored by someone other than the guides that killed it. ;) everyone can heckle me but I don't see 425"
It was scored by an official measurer. Of course it isn't official in any way but at least he knew what he was doing. In the field they got 422. Later it was scored at 425.
How about Wilbur? What did the taxidermist score him at after they got 430 in the Field? Definitely didn't come up with 430".
  • Like 1

How about Wilbur? What did the taxidermist score him at after they got 430 in the Field? Definitely didn't come up with 430".

I believe it was in the low 420's. Not really that much different than you being off over 4" on your 200" deer.

• Like 3

I believe it was in the low 420's. Not really that much different than you being off over 4" on your 200" deer.
Try more in the 410 range ;) or a taxidermist that scored it just made it up. Green score of 204 with an official score of 200 inches 60 days later isn't even in the same ballpark as 15-20 inches on a bull. And also im not ashamed to post up what he officially scored once I found out.

Try more in the 410 range ;) or a taxidermist that scored it just made it up. Green score of 204 with an official score of 200 inches 60 days later isn't even in the same ballpark as 15-20 inches on a bull. And also im not ashamed to post up what he officially scored once I found out.

I just got word it was 424" so yeah 410 is close enough, you do know about everything, and yeah I was there. It was every bit as big

Who really cares if it scores 410 or 425?!?! That is a giant bull that was harvested. It will probably be one of the largest taken in the state this year.

• Like 8

Blake- I have heard all of the stories of you and your buds there in Heber for many many years, some I'm sure dramatized and some not. I've known some of the info on you and your stealing cameras. I've seen parts of your "confession" video and still I have never said a thing. Never! I have never wanted to make it personal between you and I because we have lots of common friends and family.

I am completely against the lynch mob mentality and I sure was hoping that you made a mistake, made amends and we can all move on, but man you are making it tough.

I still am so confused on why you talk so much? Why do you act like it wasn't a big deal?( the cameras) Does it really matter if it was 424" or 430". ?? or heck even 410 .

I know you hate A3 because they are the ones that caught you, and yes I understand that, but man come on. You have a lot going for you, great family, wife and child etc.. friends that do care about you and I know this is just the internet and maybe a place for you to vent but really??? You are a firefighter!! Whether you want to or not you are in the public eye. Please for the sake of your family chill just a little bit.

• Like 9