Sign in to follow this  
KaibabHunter

Buddy needs help, razor down off FR300

Just got a call from a buddy who was out for a ride with his wife and 2 young kids and the 4 seater razor they're in broke down about 12 miles from his camp. He's a couple miles off the 300 on fr764. He's west of Woods Canyon Lake south on 764 close to the rim. He starting to walk out now to hitch a ride to camp. Razor was brought up in a toy hauler so he doesn't have a trailer. Anyone in the area that might be able to help him out?

Ryan

• Like 1

I'm in Forest Lakes Lee 480 993 5507

• Like 3

I'm at my parents cabin we have a decent little shop here. If tools or anything else is needed give me a call.

• Like 9

I'm at my parents cabin we have a decent little shop here. If tools or anything else is needed give me a call.

You the Man Lee!!!

I'll be near Hospital Ridge and other parts of 5A in a white 4Runner tomorrow late afternoon thru Monday. Granted it's further west of where he's at and I don't have a trailer. But if he needs a tow out of there with a tow strap, I'll be more than happy to help. PM me if you need my contact info.

• Like 1

Issue is all the studs sheared on one hub. Family is all back at toy hauler and he is headed to the dealer for parts. Plan A is to replace the studs and drive it out.

• Like 6

All I have had to do so far sit under a shade tree, sip my iced tea and give a little advice. He got the two studs the dealer had in stock and is looking for the 27mm socket you need to get the hub off. If he gets it he thinks he can go replace the studs by himself. If he need help I'll head in. If he doesn't find the socket I have it here. If the studs won't drive by hand we have a press. I've had my share breakdowns out in the sticks. I Have got his back, we'll get it out.

• Like 4

What caused the studs to shear?

I have not seen them but the most likely cause is improper heat treating during manufacturing that left the part either to soft or to brittle. I have seen a number of fastener failures on Polaris products resulting from improper heat treating. Guess # 2 is loose lug nuts.

I have not seen them but the most likely cause is improper heat treating during manufacturing that left the part either to soft or to brittle. I have seen a number of fastener failures on Polaris products resulting from improper heat treating. Guess # 2 is loose lug nuts.
Reason I asked is if the problem isn't addressed it'll happen again. Are there after market rims on it?

Overtightening can also cause shearing.

• Like 1