Foundry Man

My '07 New Mexico Coues

Well, here is the story--- The 1st couple days were tough. I only glassed up 12 does and jumped one buck. He was a forky that gave up his lungs at about 75 yards, but I let him walk. Then yesterday, we went out and were set up before sunrise. My 7 year old, Parker was with me, along with my buddy Wayne. Well, I glassed up a few bucks as the sun was breaking the the horizon. They started sparing, so I put Parker behind the scope to watch the show. He LOVED it. I was watching through my binocs, when I noticed another buck. I took a look through the Zeiss, and figured he may be a shooter. Parker went and got Wayne. We watched them for 15 to 20 minutes, and debated the situation. With everything considered, I decided that I better shoot this buck. I had wanted a bigger one, but I didn't feel it happening. We were in some BIG country that swallows deer up. Plus, I wanted Parker to be a part of this, and he had to be in school the next day. So, I put on the radio and ear peice, and took off. I got up about 400 yds from the deer, and called Wayne. He guided me into the deer. Two of the smaller bucks (a small 3pt. and a nice 2X3) came out of the ravine and fed in the open 200 yds away for about 15 minutes. Wayne then called me and told me that my buck was coming out. I called him and told him to get Parker behind the scope and on the deer, which he did. The buck walked up the hill across from me, turned broadside, gave me his goodies, and I put the smack down on him. It was sweet. The best part, was that Parker was there. He called me on the radio and said "good job dad! you got that buck!" The deer may not be 110 inches, but I could not have been happier! It was one of the best days of my life. So, here he is....

This IS what it is all about....

OurBuck.jpg

Frontveiwofbuck.jpg

Parker was looking at a coatamundi....

Parkerglassing.jpg

coatamundi.jpg

I CAN"T wait till next year!!!......

Meandmybuck.jpg

Later>>Jason

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great buck!

J-

That is awesome man!! Beautiful deer and happy kid, what more can you ask for! Oh by the way, nice spotting scope :lol: hear you are migrating to my neck of the woods(2nd WD) how is Hunter? cast still intact? ag