Sign in to follow this  
Stallone A.

Camping in Unit 10?

Hello, I am heading to Unit 10 on Wednesday.

I am about to set foot in unit 10 for my first time. I am helping a buddy of mine that drew a Unit 10 Bull Elk tag. Its his second hunt with a bow and first hunt, hunting Bull Elk.

We purchased the Big Bo hunting area permit that takes up a lot of real-estate in that unit. I was wondering if I am able to camp anywhere in that unit or is there specific location that you are supposed to camp. I know you are not able to camp for a half a mile from any water source but other than that is there anything I should know? Many people have told me to stay mobile and not set up a base camp. (Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated ). Many people have said that the unit is very large and you maybe hunting 25 miles away from your original camp?

Lastly, In the early part of the rut should I focus on the north by the Cataract or south part of the unit, close to Williams?

I would like this to be a memorable experience for my buddy. We are not looking for any State Records just a good amount of opportunity.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Big Bo has a website. I think it explains all that. I've never been there, a friend is there now for antelope.

I also know that there is a possibility to stop at the Perran ranch for camping and you will have no problems with it. What about us - we travel and hunt on our car with trailer. Indeed, it is very affordable and safe. Frankly speaking, I like the process of tracking and hunting animals, but I like comfort and it is unacceptable for me to sleep in a tent on the ground. I have certain health problems and I do not risk. We traveled for many years with our friends who have their own mobile camping and the dream to get our own didn't leave us. Indeed, now the prices are various and you can choose the most affordable option for yourself (you can see here the price range https://www.crowsurvival.com/best-truck-campers/). To tells the truth, there are such models that you can install on the trailer and car body and they contain all necessary for camping and hunting despite its size.