Sign in to follow this  
coues addict

Coues Whitetail .Com Record book

Hey guys

Now that CHD and Lark are done with that record book withdrawal thing I was thinkin. Why couldn`t we start our own record book! I mean why the heck not! We could have all the awesome pictures that we all send in and no hunters names! But we could name the deer! Like four mile from the road buck, or That huge canyon way the he_ _ over there buck, or My shot from the side of the road but legal buck, or maybe my little meat buck,or I sawed two points off his rack buck!. Entry would be free yes free and those Boone and Crockett guys just kiss our A_ _ ess. I think it would be really cool. Anyone game!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by coues addict

Guest Ernesto C

I'm game,count me in.Not the I have something against B&C but count me in.Great idea Amanda thanks. :D

Ernesto C.

heck yeah im down. that way i could brag to other hunters that i shot a coues and its in "the book" how are thet gonna now if its B&C 110"+ or the coueswitetail.com book where anything gfrom 5"-150" can be in it!!!

i won't enter anything in it, in protest. don't know in protest o' what, but i'll think o' somethin'. besides, if it has a minimum score above 60, i'll hafta get another deer. only good coues i ever got i broke the skull plate on last spring. actually, i'm funnin'. this is a cool idear. i record book that is actually a "record" book. a record of the deer that folks on this site have taken. not a "record" in the sense of world records or in the sense of bragging. just a record of this neat little deer. a journal. oh yeah, i personally have no problem with a guy having his name next to his buck. in fact, feel it is important. my main beef with how b&c keeps records is that they won't enter an animal taken illegally and seem to have their own sense of truth. it deserves to be in the book, just don't enter the jerks name that shot it. i think you guys are on to something. good thinkin'. best run it by cwd, tho. i'm sure he'll think of somethin' negative about it. Lark.

GREAT IDEA.

I'm in.

I think the Coues would appreciate the effort.

So whos gonna start this book?

Let's voluteer Amanda since she's out of town and can't protest.

Mike

we should do it every year. Maybe an online version here

How about brreaking it down by season fall winter something like that.

Maybe an online version would be good. I don't have time to be publishing a hard copy recordbook and I don't really see why we would need one since there are already several of them that cover Coues (Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, and the AZ state recordbook). But online would be something that isn't really out there yet and would be easier to keep up to date.

And I think it would be very interesting to break it up by season, that is something that the other books don't do and we all know bucks vary in vulnerability based on time of year and that the hunting tactics change for the time of year. Archery hunting in the summer is so different than in January. Might even be interesting to separate out the Mexico bucks from AZ and NM.

Amanda

I know we can start it with mine. So then I can say my buck used to be number one in the online record book pf Arizona.Yes that does sound good right.

I got a buck in 1999 that had to score at least 12 or 13 inches but that sucker still makes my prouder than one of those fightin' cocks. First big game animal I ever took, only took me 5 days to find that one, as I didn't have no forum to go to for advise.

Yeah,

this sounds like a great idea Amanda, separating the summer hunts from the winter hunts and the different states. I have a few friends who would be interested in this. Please keep me posted!!!

Arizonabowhunter

Ok basic form

We should probably start with this Falls Hunt. Maybe later we can do a past bucks online book.

Lets start with AZ, NM and if everybody agrees Mexico should be included but seperated. Guided or not the Coues did'nt have a choice and its about the deer so we should include all.

Fall Winter Spring Summer

We can add definitions to kill type.

Archery

Rifle

Muzzleloader

Basic Entry:

Deer Name optional

Season

Kill Type

Description

Score

Weight

Commentary: Time of Day, terrain, hunt story.

Other suggestions

GN