Sign in to follow this  
AZHunter1

Cell phone signal boosters

Does anyone have any recommendation on cell phone signal boosters and do they really work? Thanks in advance!

Yes, they absolutely work. To a degree. The caveat is you have to have at least a little signal in order for the booster to work.

I have the weboost drive 4g-m. I use it all over and RARELY lose signal. I have also tried the 4g-x which is supposed to be twice as powerful but did not notice a significant increase. I was not in a hugely remote area though.

The 4g-m has been awesome. As an example, at our elk camp with Verizon I get 1bar of 3g. With the booster I get full bars of 4g. I do think the bigger outside antennas are worth the upgrade. The closers your phone is to the inside antenna the better your signal.

Bottom line....WELL worth the money. Wish I had done it years ago.

Are you talking for your house or vehicle? We install a lot of them in homes up here. Using the Wilson. Like az diamond said the 4g-m works very well and worth every penny if your on the road or in a one bar area. There home and business one are amazing also

Good point Shed. In my own little myopic viewpoint I didn't think he could be asking about home install. Us down here in civilization don;t think about those things....lol

I also use my 4gm for our cabin and also my trailer. Works anywhere. If I were at either regularly I would get a permanent solution like the kind Shed installs.

I had one in a work truck that worked very well. Don't remember the brand but I believe it was a little over $600. Used a cheap one in another truck that wasn't worth a crap.

Which one would you recommend for a vehicle and how hard is the setup? Does it need to be married to cell provider or will it work with anyone and is there a monthly fee associated with them?

Weboost/Wilson. Pretty much the only way to go.

EASY to install in a vehicle. I keep mine in a Tupperware box and plug it in when I travel. Outside antenna magnets to your roof. Line runs through the door jam seal to the booster(which I put under my seat). Booster has power to a 12v outlet. From booster, inside antenna line runs to antenna which I put on my console. Takes two minutes to set up. Or can be installed permanently. I transfer it between vehicles and trailer so no permanent installation.

Is NOT carrier specific. Can boost signal for up to 4 or 5 phones at a time. The closer your phone is to the inside antenna the stronger the boost. They DO have cradles, but I have never tried one.

No monthly fee.

Happy to let anyone see it/try it if they want. Not that exciting but may give you the extra confidence to get one if you are on the fence.

• Like 1