AZBull

Glass bedding compound

GunBlue490 has a two part Utube video that goes into great detail on glass bedding. I bedded my first rifle a couple of months ago and followed his instructions, rifle came out great. The videos are very long, but I needed all the help I could get on my first attempt.

I bought a can of neutral color shoe polish at Walmart for about $4. His video goes into all the materials needed.

I'm not savvy enough to post a link, maybe someone else can add that.

Good luck and share a pic of how it comes out. Jim

GunBlue490 has a two part Utube video that goes into great detail on glass bedding. I bedded my first rifle a couple of months ago and followed his instructions, rifle came out great. The videos are very long, but I needed all the help I could get on my first attempt.

I bought a can of neutral color shoe polish at Walmart for about $4. His video goes into all the materials needed.

I'm not savvy enough to post a link, maybe someone else can add that.

Good luck and share a pic of how it comes out. Jim

What do you use for a release agent? I read shoe polish somewhere and I already have some of that.

Johnson's floor wax in the yellow tub works great! Goes on so thin its hard to tell its there but it will work.

• Like 1

I used Devcon and tan shoe polish as the release agent. Get good modeling clay to fill gaps and screw holes. I also taped off the top of the stock and then wiped off the excess bedding compound. Did 3x Rem 700s and an A-bolt in one night and they turned out fine.