300 ultra mag

Duane Adams Book? Picture for your time

Yep. I read it in about a day and a half! Now, if I could just read the books I'm supposed to read that quick, life would be great!

Duane and Tony's book is a good read and solid overall info on Coues hunting, it also contains a good overview on all the

Coues hunting units that could help you decide what unit to hunt.

Colorado Ultra Mag,

I think if you are into reading good books about coues there are 3 that are Mandatory. I'm going to throw you a picture since you like that format. ;) You've posted some good questions so keep up the good work and you are on the right trail. I think you need to get that 40lb pack down to 30, but that is a different story :lol:

1)How to Hunt Coues Deer - Duwane Adams & Tony!

2)Coues white tailed deer- An annotated bibliography- Richard Ockenfels

(You can buy this book through Arizona game and fish department)

3)Deer of the Southwest - Jim Heffelinger (az game and fish biologist)

** Went to jim's talk at bass pro shops and it was OUTSTANDING!

I search for any book on coues and there aren't that many these days, but more to come , I'm sure!

AzP&Y

Doug

post-898-1196524978_thumb.jpg

I read "How to Hunt Coues Deer". It's pretty informative. It really stresses the importance of glassing & other basic (but necessary) tactics. They mention a lot about the "spot and stalk" technique, which is quite a task if you ask me. I've bagged one buck that way...after many years of trying, and failing. I'm now trying stand/blind hunting, which isn't really covered in the book. Look at it this way, if anything, reading the books will add to your knowledge.

I think Duwane knows his stuff for sure so it should be a good book. I don't know about that other guy though. :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet you recomend it Tony. :lol: :lol:

There are a bunch of Coues bucks that have been killed because of Duwane and Tony's book! Very informative.....maybe too informative on some points :unsure: ......but an outstanding book that I would reccomend to anyone interested in Coues huntin'. I've got one paperback copy that looks like it's been drug behind my truck, every open spot throughout the book has numbers and scores scribbled down and it goes with me on every coues hunt I've been on since I bought it! It's great to flip through the pictures to get the heart pumpin' the night before opening day! I've also got a signed hardback copy on the shelf signed by Mr. Mandile and Mr. Adams ;)

The other book " Deer of the Southwest" is a must have as well. I haven't read all through it yet, but it's a great book full of all the fine details pertaining to these little critters we love so much! ( i've also got a signed copy of that one on the shelf as well :ph34r: :P )

I bought the book this year before the October hunt. I would highly recommend it. In fact, I loaned it to a buddy of mine after the hunt and haven't seen it since. Maybe I should pick up another copy.

"Deer of The Southwest" is a must read, I highly recommend!! I pick it up three days ago and finished last night.

I bought the book this year before the October hunt. I would highly recommend it. In fact, I loaned it to a buddy of mine after the hunt and haven't seen it since. Maybe I should pick up another copy.

Of course you should pick up another copy!!! :D

These books make great xmas gifts for your coues hunting friends!

You can get Duwane and Tony's book in the CW.com bookstore.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/books.htm

To get Jim H's book, you have to go to his website deernut.com.

Amanda

I read the How to hunt coues book by Tony and Dwane last month when I had a 5 hour lay over in Chicago. Pretty interesting stuff, lots of good information, especially on glassing. One word of caution, the NM regulations have changed since the book was written so be sure to check the most recent regulations.