Sign in to follow this  
Presmyk

What are the best aftermarket barrel options?

Really hard to find a bad barrel these days....

I like Brux, Pac-Nor, and Lilja for their options, quality, turn around time, and custom work....

Nobody using Schneider any more?

When I first started shooting Silhouette, there was a guy that was shooting that was doing the drilling for Schneider, Gary would pay him in cast off barrels, just about everybody on the line was shooting a Schneider barrel, not so popular anymore. Don't know about now but back then Tubb was shooting a Schneider barrel, I was told that he ordered them ten at a time, and this was before he was making and marketing his own guns, so he was ordering them for personal use.

Sam Shelly. I always go a kick out of how he would epoxy the barreled action into the stock. One of his guns was a 6.5/284 back in about 94 or so.

Hammer Sam, he used to carry a hammer around in his back pocket to beat his bolts open, he was fond of stiff loads.

I've heard nothing but great things out of those barrels and will also throw in a plug for Pac Nor. Seth Staples, with Rim Country Rifles out of Parks is absolutely great, too. He's going to be converting my .25-06 into a .280AI to give my to my son in a couple of years when he grows into a full-size rifle.