Sign in to follow this  
300 ultra mag

good coues hunting videos? (picture for your time)

Does anybody know of any good coues hunting videos? I bought the only one in western colorado called western whitetail hunting 1 and 2. It was ok you could tell it was older. It gave me a qiuick fix but I need more.

Thanks Gabe

Killed may bulls on that left ridge.

post-2253-1196814791_thumb.jpg

I second the notion, the Dead On videos are great, they usually put a new one out around Christmas, hope they do so again this year.

I believe I have bought every coues deer video out there. I think you cant buy enough.......LOL.......I think Jay Scott/Darr Colbrun's video is a great one ( I believe it is sold here) and Dead on is also a good video. You cant go wrong with any of these Amanda sells here............Allen Taylor...........

I've only seen the Extreme Coues one & frankly didn't care for it. If you're into big horns, they shoot some monsters, but it didn't have much educational value. Just a collection of a bunch of kill shots.

it didn't have much educational value

Matt,

Sadly, I think that can be said for just about all of the coues videos out that I have seen. Not much explanation of what and why and how. Seems you need to examine the videos carefully to see what they are doing for any applications. How nice would it be to have a video series that thoroughly discusses scouting, early and late season archery tactics, Oct/Nov/Dec rifle tactics, and coues biology & habits relative to various habitat zones.

The best aids I found still are the books by Duwane Adams and Richard Ockenfels.

Doug~RR

I have the one by Ockenfels (the annotated bibliography, is that the one you mean?) & have been meaning to pick up the other. One of the best hunting vids I've seen was Rocky Mountain Mule Deer. The first half had nothing to do with hunting, but was a great documentary on muleys & then in the second half they showed three hunts, one of which was a bowhunt by my hero, Dwight Schuh. Great video, but I've yet to find some where that I can buy it. Seems that it's no longer in circulation.

I wish they'd make a coues video like that.

Matt S.

Whitetail in the West by Northstar Productions is very informative.They used to have parts 1 and 2 on video , but have combined them on one DVD. It was made by some Arizona boys and their P.O. box is out of Cottonwood ,AZ. They state it took them over 12 years to make it and you can see them age on the DVD. I think its probally the first and the best on western whitetail.

Whitetail in the West by Northstar Productions is very informative.They used to have parts 1 and 2 on video , but have combined them on one DVD. It was made by some Arizona boys and their P.O. box is out of Cottonwood ,AZ. They state it took them over 12 years to make it and you can see them age on the DVD. I think its probally the first and the best on western whitetail.

I think that's John McClendon's vidoes