bigorange

2011 Ram 2500 suspension question

Cruising some Dodge forums but thought I would ask here too. What are the 3 plates under the leaf springs on my 2011 Ram 2500 diesel. Lift kit? Overload? Stock? RV service guy who installed my fifth wheel hitch says he has never seen it and the rear end has zero squat under the trailer. That might be good, but keeps trailer from riding level. Any ideas? I know this was a ranch truck before I bought it.

Of course the pics are sideways thanks to my phone.

post-5622-0-02117400-1512233224_thumb.jpeg

post-5622-0-18065300-1512233243_thumb.jpeg

If it's not Factory it's probably pieces of old leaf Spring or steel bar cut to size drilled and bolted to the leaf spring to make a lift block. Possibly because the truck consistently carried a heavy load and the previous owner just wanted it level.

The plates are a cheap way to lift it. Not a bad way if you just need an inch.

Hard to see but the reason it may not be squatting is your leaf springs are wore out. Usually there will be a larger space between the overload (bottom leaf) and the regular spring pack.

Probably a quick small lift kit from the from the previous owner to level the truck with a trailer on it.

It isnt the worst thing, but not the best either. If you don't have bad axle wrap or don't want the rear of the truck lower leave them. Check the torque on the ubolts though just for fun.