BRUX #3 1/9 FINISHED 26.25 INCH

GRAYBOE STOCK BEDDED

Hawkins Bottom metal

Trigger Tech Special set at 1.0 lb 

Seekins 20 MOA rail and Seekins 30 mm rings

CERAKOTE ARMOR BLACK

post-12084-0-97307600-1513352057_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Why not 20 moa base and hawkins tactical rings?

Do you like the Hawkins Tactical rings better then Seekins? The Seekins are known to be nice and straight, but I like the level on Hawkins rings.

The level is why I went with Hawkins. I didnt want to have to spend more money to buy a separate level. I have 2 sets of Hawkins and both have been excellent. For 145-165 dollars I thought it was a good price for what you get. I also have a Hawkins dbm and its quality as well.

• Like 1

Let us know how it shoots

Seekins 20 MOA alloy base and Hawkins rings. The only thing is you have to make sure the top strap is perfectly level with the rifle and the scope/reticle.

The 3-15 will not be underpowered at long range hunting distances with that round. I run a 3-15 Premier on mine, and it is plenty for shots on game sized targets out to 1300+. Far beyond where your hunting rounds will be shot. Yet still enough for a refined hold for a 3" group at 926 yards. The added 3x on top for the 18x would not hurt. But the lower 3x @ close range gives you more FOV. All preference here. I don't own either scope, so can't comment on features and quality.

Now that Im done with school I have time to set up my rifle. Finally found a scope, the seekins base and Hawkins rings are next. I also found 5 boxs of factory ammo all the same die lot for half price to breakin the barrel and give me a good supply of brass.

post-12084-0-08221800-1532047650_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Now that Im done with school I have time to set up my rifle. Finally found a scope, the seekins base and Hawkins rings are next. I also found 5 boxs of factory ammo all the same die lot for half price to breakin the barrel and give me a good supply of brass.

Which scope did you settle on?

Which scope did you settle on?

Its a Zeiss 4 x 16 x 44 ZBR. The glass is good, the turrets are solid, the marks line up and you can feel the clicks as you dial (very solid) you wont need to look at them. It was a demo for $650 retail is 1000. I read every review out and none were negitive.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/zeiss-conquest-v4-riflescope-field-test-and-review-4-16x44-zbr-moa-6-24x50-illuminated-zmoa.1199/

• Like 1

How is it shooting if you have been to the range?

I just received my rings last Saturday and mounted the scope. I changed my trigger from a timney to a Trigger Tech special 1 lb-3.5 lb. its on its way hopefully it will arive before the weekend. I will post it up after the trigger gets here.

• Like 2

Finally getting around to posting up resent photo of my now favorite rifle. I chose Seekins 20 moa rail and their rings, broke in the barrel and my Redding dies should be here any day now so I can start load development with the  143 gr. Hammer Hunters and H 4831 SC.

280 AI.jpg

• Like 1