creed_az_88

anybody ever been attacked by an injured deer.

Interesting topic

My neise shot and wounded a buck last year and when me, my neise and my brother in law finally got up to the buck it jumped up and headed right for Mike! He promptly pulled out his knife jumped on the bucks back, grabbed his antlers, and slit his throat! It was a heck of a funny sight watching that thing tryiing to get his rack into him! My brother in law used to ride bulls in his younger days and I guess it just seemed like the thing to do at the time. Once the deer expired and after we all stopped laughing we thought that was really kinda awesome! To bad we didn`t have a video camera, it was quite a sight! Coues Addict

back in the day(when dirt was being created), one of my dads buddies shot a deer and didnt go up to it and poke it, he just went up to it and started to pick up the rack, the deer then got up and started trying to fight him so the guy tried to break his neck! once he got his arse kicked, he ended up just shooting the thing agian.

how'd ya guess treestand? me and my cousin gary, he's the one that drools a little and has the wierd eye, we got our butts thoroughly kicked by a wounded 4x4 mule deer once. i've had a couple bowshot bulls come at me. had to fight a bear over my fish at blackriver once. got swatted by a bobcat when i was a kid. he just happened to be hidin' under the rock i stood on. it slid down the hill a bit and was squarshin' him. he reched up and popped me on the ankle to let me know he was tired of it. sacred me so bad it caused me to flunk 6th grade. again. i heard a good story this weekend. a guy was pronghorn hunting in wyoming a couple weeks ago. shot a nice goat and was tuggin' it to the truck. he said, dang, this thing is gettin' heavier. he turned to see what the deal was and it was standin' up pullin' agin him. finished it off with knife. and besides, how can you ever get attacked by anything while you're loungin' in a tree? Lark.

never bya deer but had to take cover from a pack fo wild dogs in upstate NY about 10 or 12 yrs ago. Was tracking a doe a friend wounded and heard a rucus in the Woods. Big rucus downa ridge line. It was real thick and I had a tag so I figured I could look for the Doe later. Climbed one of the 8 million tree stands in the immediate area and started to glass as much as I could. Its thick up there. I spot this pack of dogs just ripping through the woods. You would not think to be afraid of a few domestic collies but after about an hour in the tree waiting for them to split. Eventually I had to throw a couple their way to get them to move on, but I was counting rounds for sure. They apparently got wind of the doe which they found for me by the way! She was a bit mangled to say the least.

last season (archery cow) two of my friends were huntin and the one was drawn back w/ a bead on a cow when outa the corner of his eye comin head down was a 6x6 full speed, didnt hook him but rolled him over and stomped him 2 or 3 times. was uninjured, shaken yes and rattled but was ok. when he got his faculties together he headed back to camp and began to medicate himself w/ good canadian whiskey (crown is our preferred flavor) for the rest of the day. some army guys witnessed the whole thing and came to check on him and help him back to camp. the other guy on the same hunt was squatin by some blow down takin care of business (and left his bow about 5 feet away) and of all times to be hobled by your britches, when a young black bear decides that he needs to investigate his reason for squatin. my buddy sed there was no need for laxitives at this point and thankfuly after more than a few anxious moments the bear was satisfied and went on to other adventures, and all involved were unscathed!! az huntin at its best!!

A buddy and his brother were Varmint calling down south when a coues doe and her fawn came in to the call. They decided to keep calling to see how close the deer would come and they came all the way in. Finally my buddies little brother got nervous and went to shew her away and when he did the doe reared back and beat him with her front hooves, rolled him around pretty good.

Edited by Mattule

MY UNCLE, WHO LIVES IN PAYSON, TOLD ME THIS PAST WEEKEND ABOUT ONE OF HIS CO-WORKERS, WHO HAD SOME TROUBLE WITH A BULL ELK AT HER PLACE.

APPARENTLY THIS BULL HAD BLUFF CHARGED HER A COUPLE OF TIMES SO SHE CARRIED A BASEBALL BAT WITH HER WHEN SHE WENT OUTSIDE OF HER HOUSE. WELL ONE DAY THE BULL ACTUALLY CHARGED HER AND SHE TOOK A LOUISVILLE SLUGGER TO HIS HEAD AND BROKE OFF ONE OF HIS ANTLER TIPS. A COUPLE DAYS LATER THE BULL CHARGED AGAIN, ONLY THIS TIME HER DOG(A MALE LAB) GOT BETWEEN HER AND THE BULL AND THE BULL GORED THE DOG. SHE THEN TOOK HER DOG TO THE VET AND FOR ABOUT $25 MORE BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION OF WHERE THE DOG WAS GORED HE FIXED THE DOG, LITERALLY , IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I GUESS YOU CALL THAT KILLING TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE.

ALBERT

wow what a good dog, he lost his !$$@! for his master! i know my rottweiler would have done that! he was a big ole boy, 120 pounds of solid muscle!

Guest Ernesto C

No never being attacked by a wonded deer,I always drop them dead with one shot :lol: but I was attacked by a fox two weeks ago while calling for predators,the barrel of my rifle and my bipod was the barrier between me and that angry fox.She came behind me and a litle to my lefth she was 2 feet away from me!! to close for comforth.We look at each other at the same time and she came charging to me and making noises,hair straigth up and showing me her fangs! after a little strugle she run down (at this time my friend James who was like 10 feet below me was unaware of what was happening) she did not knew James was below me and run directly at him but looking at me,a said James James!! he looked back and that fox almost run over him,she run about 15 yards or so and James got it.

Wow!! talking about adrenaline and excitment,after that the both of us drop on the ground and staring laughing :P

Ernesto C.

This'll sound like a Lark story, except I ain't making it up.

Was archery cow hunting in a secret unit once when I got ahead of a couple of bulls that were fighting. Accidentally found myself in the path of a big Imperial (7 point) bull. He was gonna walk around a tree and see me at about 8 yards, do the whirle-around thing and bolt. I braced myself for the experience. He walks around the tree, does not see me, and continues towards me. I must of been doing a good job of hiding behind my bow, 'cause he don't see me. As he reaches the invisible line of where I just walked through, he slams on the breaks, stands there and stares at me at about 2 yards. If I were to extend my arm with an arrow in my hand, I could'a touched his nose.

We had a stare-down for about 2 minutes. That's a long time to be under extreme stress. At one point, I thought I heard another elk coming, so I rolled my eyes to the left - nothing there - so I roll my eyes back. That bull stretched his neck towards me trying to figure out why the stump he was standing next to had eyeballs. I prayed to God - thanking Him for the experience, and then asking Him to make the bull go away! The bull finally decided that I was a tree (because humans can never get that close to him), and turned again so that he would actually walk closer to me as he left. His left antler passed by my head at about 18". I was thinking about slapping his butt as he passed, but then decided that since I wasn't done raisin' kids, maybe I'd better not.

From what I'm reading in this string, that was probably a good choice.

Mike

Guest Ernesto C

Mike good thing you were not wearing a "cow in heat" lure or something like that :lol: