:angry: I was in BPS tonite...... what a frickin' joke..... again! I find the perfect treestand..... and convince my wife to buy it for me for X-mas.... right. So, I ask one of the kind and knowledge-less kids that work there if he can get me that one from stock, and begin the L O N G painfull wait.... just to find out, 20+ minutes later that they don't have any more.... "Okay, I'll take the display then," I say. "Um.... you would have to talk to my manager about that,".....long pause "Oh there he is. I'll be right back." Several minutes later he returns, alone. "Nope. Can't help you with that display..... It is out of the box and that means there would be a liability if we sold it to you," he says. Liabilty!!!!! The guns and bows in that place are out of the box and they sell them after countless numbers of people have handled and messed with them!!!!! I REALLY wanted that stand and I was over an hour and a half from home when those Arse Holes sent me packin' without the gift I wanted!!!!! I am Frickin' STEAMED about it!!!! I am just not sure that I ever plan to do business with any Bass Pro retail shops ever again.... The Vegas store pissed me off about 3 years ago... and I'm done. Screw them..... there is many other places to spend my huntin' dollars in Arizona. Besides that they are more expensive than the other stores, too. :angry:

Thanks for allowing me to vent!

CnS

I was up in Vegas 2 years ago for a bachelor party. I made a special trip to the Bass pro shop because I had never been to a big box type Bass pro shops or a Cabelas. I did not realize it was far off the strip. Anyway on the way there I convinced myself that I was going to buy myself a new rifle with my new unexpected winnings from the Mandalay Bay hotel. Spending money on a whim is very rare for me but I figered I was in Vegas and besides I could explain to my wife later........after I already had the rifle.

I spent a long time (45min) in the gun section and no won ever asked if I needed any help, it was a Saturday morning and kind of slow too. I didn't really matter I said to myself. Finally when I was ready I walked up to the gun counter and asked to see a Tikka T3 with stainless w/ synthetic stock in 30/06 or 300wsm........................the responce from the guy behind the gun counter was..... :blink: a trika whaaa. I said no, a Tikka T3.....a Sako company....owned by Beretta. He had no idea what I talking about at all!

I laughed and walked out and took my winnings home to my wife to help ease the blow of he husband spending 3 days in Vegas at a bachelor party. It worked well, my wife was actually happy to see me when I got home.

Maybe the guy did me a favor.......

:ph34r:

Sounds like you guys need to come to the Tucson Sportsmans and see the friendly guy behind the gun counter (me) :D

OK,

I'll Be there Friday Morning

See ya then ;)

:P

I've already posted my Bass Pro mis-adventure so I won't bore you all with the details again. Needless to say I won't be shopping there anymore!

I have not had any problem at bass pro. Probably because i have never baught anything but a soda at the counter on the way out. Sportsmans gets my money anyways. I like to know i helped pay for some of Younghunters coes hunt and the one firstcoues is getteing ready for.

Jade.

My biggest complaint with BPS is their excruciatingly slow shipping. It can take weeks to get something that is in stock at the time you order it. There is absolutely NO excuse for a company that relies on mail/internet shopping to have such a poor shipping department. To me, it constitutes a total lack of respect for their customers and I will now only buy from them if they are the ONLY place that offers the product.

It costs me a bunch of extra time in the car, but if I need something I can't find at SW then I usually drive right past that place on my way to Cabelas.

Last time we were there I had about 200bucks worth of stuff and was going to use gift cards I had. I was at the checkout and the manager comes up and says our computer is down ,you can't pay with giftcards today. So I had to use my credit card. So the manager says next time you come in we'll give you 10% off your purchase. So Sunday we were there and had about 53 bucks worth of stuff and told her about the 10% discount. After 5 minutes they couldn't figure out how to take 10% off the bill. Finally I said sell me this $10 hat for 4 bucks and call it even. Should of bought my SWARO's then and seen if they would of taken 10% off then.

Hey firstcoueswas80 do you know someone who works there named Chad? heck it might be you for all I know. I bought a shotgun in there a few months ago and thought the customer service was excellent. I've always had good luck at Sportsmans although I did get pissed at the guys in the backpack section when they offered no help with the Badlands backpacks, but thats just a side gripe haha.

Bass Pro is a joke. My girlfriend used to work their and they treat their employees like sh#! I'll never do business with them

i always use sportsmans when it comes down to the big box stores. but when it comes down to service you just can't beat the localy owned and operated small town stores. i always take my buisness to p.v. archery in prescott valley (hence the p.v.) those guys are awsome and alway quick to offer their advice.