I have to go into Bass Pro once every month to do inventory. From what I can gather, they have hired most of there upper management from Home Depot stores. None of them know much about outdoor products, and will not make any decisions unless they hear it directly from the top dogs. David

Wow! I thought I was the only one... I spend a lot of money each year on outdoor products and have bought online and in the stores from many different companies and Bass Pro is the absolute worst. I have had numerous bad dealings with them, the most recent is as follows. I ordered a Badlands Monster Fanny Pack and told them I wanted it shipped 2nd day air. They stated they had it in stock and would get it out right away. I ordered it on a Friday and then left out of town on a scouting trip and returned on Monday afternoon. Once I got home I had several emails from Bass Pro. They said in the first email that they in fact did not have it in stock and would credit my card and notify me when it arrives. 2nd email was it had arrived and they would again charge my credit card and ship it out. I checked my card and sure enough there was a charge, a credit and then another charge. I waited until Friday (5 days after it supposedly shipped) and still NO BACK PACK! I tried the tracking number and it said that it is not a valid number. I called Bass Pro and they said it did ship and just keep checking USPS and the package will show up. 13 WORKING days after the package shipped from Bass Pro, I received it and guess what, WRONG PACK!!! They not only shipped me the wrong pack but they shipped it ground! If I wanted it ground I would have ordered it that way originally. I guess what mad me was they took it upon themselves to decide how I wanted it shipped and did not even ask me. This is not the only problem I have had with them , just the last one as I will never buy from them again. Go with Sportsmans Warehouse, they have never treated me wrong!!

Hey firstcoueswas80 do you know someone who works there named Chad? heck it might be you for all I know. I bought a shotgun in there a few months ago and thought the customer service was excellent. I've always had good luck at Sportsmans although I did get pissed at the guys in the backpack section when they offered no help with the Badlands backpacks, but thats just a side gripe haha.

YEah, chad is my manager.

I hate that when you go in there they are always bugging you about a free vacation or credit card offer or some kind while shopping and don't leave you alone. Been to vegas and PHX and will not ever step foot in another. Cabelas is a bit better but for the bigger type store I'll go with Sporstmems Warehouse although their gun counter folks are very uniformed.

If Sportsmans has it I buy it there, if not I go to Cabelas. The service I get at Sportmans is second to none. I've been trying to get my bow ready for Jan and have spent alot of time at the archery counter (N. Phoenix Store). Theres a young guy named Rich at the arch counter, you wanna talk about a cool kid. He has gone out of his way to help me get my bow squared away. Always makes time to help me out and never acts like he's got something else to do. If you guys go in there, ask for Rich, darn good service!

Donnie

Sorry to hear about your BPS mis-adventure. I have been a cabelas online and mail order customer for many, many years, and never a problem. I order it and it shows up in 4-5 days, done deal, never a problem.

I do like Sportsmans, it is like toys-r-us for big kids, alot of stuff . I am going down to the Tucson store and see Firstcouseswas80, because I love to give salesman a hard time. :blink:

Sorry to hear about your BPS mis-adventure. I have been a cabelas online and mail order customer for many, many years, and never a problem. I order it and it shows up in 4-5 days, done deal, never a problem.

I do like Sportsmans, it is like toys-r-us for big kids, alot of stuff . I am going down to the Tucson store and see Firstcouseswas80, because I love to give salesman a hard time. :blink:

Better not comw between now and Monday... Ill be hunting :D

Im hard to mis... 6'3 270 lbs, red beard :D

I have to go into Bass Pro once every month to do inventory. From what I can gather, they have hired most of there upper management from Home Depot stores. None of them know much about outdoor products, and will not make any decisions unless they hear it directly from the top dogs. David

Thats exactly right. They got all their mgmt from homedepot and walmart.

I'm Biased of course, ;) but I do hear a lot of similar complaints about BPS but that's not unusual I guess.

I see their ads pop out and they often appear to have very limited amounts of the items on hand.

Big Box Management can be good for a Big box store like that, but the bottom line is the folks dealing with the customers have to care about doing it.

Like the song says..... "Do what you do do well" and everyone will be happy.

BPS has a ways to go and bad feelings to overcome. There are options for customers, which is a good thing for me.

Hunting? :huh:

Do you have a tag Casey? :unsure:

Why didn't you tell anyone :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really don't believe that BPS is designed for the local hunters. I think it's a tourist trap!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ummm... Have you not seen my signature line?! heck, I evern asked you if you wanted to go... Remember... Your response was " Thanks for the invite stud, but this old man can't keep up with such a young, handsome, WELL MANNERED stud such as yourself. I think I'll stay at home and have nightmares about the giant buck your going to shoot!"

Don't you remember?