Sign in to follow this  
125coues

NWTF East Valley Toms Banquet March 3, 2018 Tempe Elks Lodge**LAST CALL**

Ive allways said that. Banquets to close together. I spend alot of $ at and would be more if spread out. Why does no one have them in the Summer.......BOB!

The first 2 banquets for this chapter were in June and it was really hard to get people there because they were out on vacations or out scouting. But something to think about, maybe in May?

We have until Wednesday afternoon Feb 28th to get our count in for the meals. We would like to have you come. Please order your tickets on the link below, we have some really nice items this year. See ya there.

• Like 1

For this banquet I decided to finish up and donate a piece of my call making history. When I first got started making calls I decided to start with slate pot calls. The first didn't really work out all that well. The second turned out to be a good working call that I still use on occasion. Both calls I still own and don't plan on selling. The third was a different type of wood and took a couple trys to get a cut out and roughly turned call on the lathe. I stopped before I messed it up to bad with the idea of coming back to finish when I was a little more experienced. I never planned on selling it but finishing it for myself. When sitting down to start a call for this my home chapter banquet I saw the unfinished call on my shelf and thought I would give someone a chance to purchase a peice of my call making history. It will be my earliest call that I have sold and the only call from this type of wood. I will post more details and pictures as I get it finished up this week. Hope to see some of you at the banquet.

• Like 4

I had my fingers crossed for some turkey hunts out east that same weekend. Doesn't look like they are going to pan out, so I just picked up 2 adult and 3 youth tickets. Bringing the whole clan this year! This will be the first banquet for my youngest two (8 and 10 years old), should be interesting!!!

Shelvin and Ammon, you guys are coming right?

8 and 10 are great ages to go to the banquets. We had a couple of diaper-runners at our banquet last weekend. Mark and Kathi will do a great job with the kids. My daughter and I will be there since we're going to be in town for a soccer game. I'm trying to talk her into wearing her bada$$ goalie jersey to the banquet, but she probably won't do it. See you there!

• Like 1

Here is the call I am just finishing up. It has taken me over 8 years to fully complete. It is third call I ever made and my earliest call that I have sold. I am glad to finally be finishing this call. it's a special to me and a one of a kind. It will come with both strikers.

post-5325-0-58550800-1519964685_thumb.jpg

post-5325-0-61897600-1519964722_thumb.jpg

• Like 2