GameHauler

Anyone Heard From The Super 80

Allright, you asked for it... here it is.

this is my "field pic"

Im just waiting to see how long this lasts before I get Pm'ed asking me to take it off.

post-162-1198041184_thumb.jpg

I have one that is much more graphic ( and i thought that one was worse than it is).

if anyone wants to see what a 270 wsm with a 140 accubond does to a skull plate at 50 yards, pm me with your email address and i will send it to you.

Aww Man!!! Casey, you should pick that ugly head of yours up and hold it just a might higher! ;) Welcome to the world of "real hunting"..... There is a reason they don't call it "Killing".... ;) The field photo says it all! That (side) rack looks big on that short snouted, small headed buck and that is a mistake we have all made when "buck fever" sets in! Atleast you killed a buck.... I have an October tag that still has the sticker on the back! :angry: Anyhow, I think your missing the point..... and I want to know more about the REAL ISSUE...... How in the Sam H*ll you blew the dang head off the danged ol' deer!!!! :blink: :rolleyes: :unsure: :( A guy that boasts such fabulous shooting skills and over all hunting knowledge, surely knows the difference between vitals and skull plate! ;) Anyhow, enjoy your generous helping of Humble Pie..... we have all had a slice or two ourselves, and you will come to know that it is just the first of many that hunting will feed you with a sling shot. ;) :( :lol: :P

CnS

You know Casey.....I have to say it is quite funny to hear about your "shooting" episode on this buck.......only becuase of the comments you've made in the past about your shooting skills! :P

Like has been said before....this is hunting, not killing. Things don't always go as planned or as expected, learn from it.......it made you a better hunter! The only problem I have is that I have yet to see a photo with you smiling in it. You should be proud and happy with that buck.....it's a great buck, you won the game and were successful in tagging a smart ol' Coues buck! Regardless of whether or not he's in 1 peice or 5 peices........you killed em' and he's your buck..........I just would rather see a big ol' smile on your face while holding your buck. ;) Congrats to you and your dad on great bucks! JIM>

That's what I told Casey when he called me in tears after shooting his buck. I told him he was young and had his entire life to hunt. I also explained that only 20% of hunters kill a deer. Let alone a nice buck like that. He's just having a pity party for himself. I think we should all give him a hard time. Lord knows he can dish it out...not it's time for him to take it.

Casey- You SHOT a deer. You shot a nice buck. Crap happens. I shot a deer in Kodiak Alaska 6 times w/ a 300 weatherly mag before he went down. Made mince meat of him. Hardly had any met left to take home. But it was the experience. Not the size of the horns or whebyer or not you blew half his head off. He's bagged and tagged! Pick yourself up...smile and be thankful you had the opportunity to hunt and to harvest a great buck. It's the biggest buck you've taken in your short life.

Now...as far as being a Caballero (that means fag in espanol)...I was a Sabrecat and we crushed you guys every year...even have a State Champ. Ring to back it up! LOL Not to mention ASU kept Uof A$$ out of a bowl game. lol

Cheer up bud. If this is your worst problem in life...get down on your knees and thank the Good Lord!

Scott G.

PS- If you don't tell everyone what happened I WILL!!! LOL

Holy cow HOSS!!! Was that there unicorn taken anywhere near grass tank? If you are wanting a nice rack that scores over 100 inches, I have one that I picked up a year ago last April I would be willing to part with. :ph34r: The Moose is loose :ph34r:

Congratulations!!! A 93 inch coues is a good buck in anyone's book. I'm just curious what happened with holding out for a 100 incher?

Congratulations!!! A 93 inch coues is a good buck in anyone's book. I'm just curious what happened with holding out for a 100 incher?

We mis judged him. thats part of why i wasnt very happy. I thought he was 97/98 (we both did) and that that was close enough to my goal, all though it was only the 3rd day, I should have passed.

Congrats on getting a nice buck!! It might take a replacement cape, but a good taxidermist should be able to fix it right up.

My advice is to just pick a buck that you like, shoot it, and be happy that you had the chance to get out and hunt and shoot a buck that you liked. You can try and guess scores, but telling the difference between a 93" and a 98" buck is incredibly hard and I doubt that anyone on here could consistently judge scores to within +/- 5 inches. I guessed my buck this year within 1/4 of an inch, but have been off by as much as 15 inches on other bucks. There are a lot of things that can trick you like variations in the size of the deer, the width of the ears, etc.

When did you graduate from high school? My wife and brother in law went to school at Flowing Wells and graduated in 2000 and '02.

This whole thread makes me sick. Trophy hunting is bull s---. Where is the respect for the animal. "I thought it was a 98, but it was only 93. wawa." As i said in a previous post the difference between a 93 and a 98 is 5 inches it is just a number, a stupid number. So you were off less then an inch per measurable point ( maybe if you had a $2000 spotting scope?). A 100 inch buck makes me happy, but a 95 inch makes me sad :( . Lets have a big PITY party.

I thought hunting was suppose to be fun. I am tickled to death of any animal I harvest. I am happy if I don't get one. The only time I am unhappy is when I can't recover an animal, because after all, it is about the animal, not the hunter.

Bob