GameHauler

Anyone Heard From The Super 80

I forgot to tell you guys the best part.

On Saturday, Jim, Jake, myself, and John Noble had a funny conversation. All day, I had been saying one of my biggest fears is shooting a buck through his antlers. I guess that not only did i do that, that i flat out shot his antler off!

Bobbyo, wow man, way to really drag down a a thread that was a decent thread.

I am not upset with the size of the deer, but mostly that I blew his antler off with a extremly mis places shot.

sorry casey but bobbyo is right! You are showing your age and maturity level by disrespecting the beautiful gift god granted you. Please read this intently----My father passed away when I was 18 in a car accident. I never got to spend an adult day of my life with my father in the field and would gladley give back every animalI have taken just to take one with him present. You are a lucky misguided fool casey---Enjoy what u have it's more than most!Congradulations on a great hunt and a huge learning experience!!!!!

sorry casey but bobbyo is right! You are showing your age and maturity level by disrespecting the beautiful gift god granted you. Please read this intently----My father passed away when I was 18 in a car accident. I never got to spend an adult day of my life with my father in the field and would gladley give back every animalI have taken just to take one with him present. You are a lucky misguided fool casey---Enjoy what u have it's more than most!Congradulations on a great hunt and a huge learning experience!!!!!

Re-read the last line of my last post please.

I forgot to tell you guys the best part.

On Saturday, Jim, Jake, myself, and John Noble had a funny conversation. All day, I had been saying one of my biggest fears is shooting a buck through his antlers. I guess that not only did i do that, that i flat out shot his antler off!

Bobbyo, wow man, way to really drag down a a thread that was a decent thread.

I am not upset with the size of the deer, but mostly that I blew his antler off with a extremly mis places shot.

Hey Casey...... Are you going to tell the helicopter story??

Ya know you had two of the BEST Coues Deer hunters in Southern AZ hunting with you.... the odds were in your favor...... and yet here we are talking about a buck you shot the horn off of instead of the 120"er you promised us!!!! ;) :rolleyes: :P :lol: :P

;) Thank You

Mike ;)

Helicopter story.. thats a good one:

So, on our way to the glassing point, Jim tells us to have our guns ready, as illegals sleep there, and we think there drug runners or scouts. John and I thought he was messing with us, yet he told us he was serious. Well he had said he had never seen anyone there, but it is easy to tell they use it. so sure as heck, when we walk up there, there are two for sure, possibly more illegals sleeping right there. so we back off one point and glass!

After we were done glassing, I called in the BP. Well, the boys in green ( actually these guys were in brown, BORSTAR) shw up, the helicopter lands and drops two agents. We tell them were to go and they head off!

The next day when we go to the point, it is obvious they found there hiding area and ripped all their stuff apart.

Call it like I see it! Photos don't lie! Anyone not happy about taking an animal they took is foolish. He was gifted a gorgeous buck and acts like it's a turd. That was a living creature that DESERVES the respect it's entitled to. I have always seen this site as a useful place to learn and I've learned alot. Casey's turn. Respecting the animal and it's surroundings is our RESPONSIBILITY as ETHICAL hunters. Is it ethical to shoot an animal you can't respect? Never once has 80 never crossed me with any post he has written---I'm just disappointed that his hunt disgusted him----Really missing the point of hunting and what we share while in the field! Like I stated---Congrats on your buck! Sorry I felt like inputting my opinion. It is just that--My opinion

Again CONGRATULATIONS Casey.

I am not sure about the FOOL quote though. That's one word I have NEVER used and I have used alot.

To call someone a fool is pretty harsh!!! Im not sure if you know Casey personally but

I do !!!! The man has a mad passion for hunting just like the rest of us!!!!! I dont think

he was as upset with the size of his deer, as he was that he frickin blew the horn off his

head. Put your self in his shoes, he just shot the biggest deer of his career with a couple

of guys he idolizes, he thinks its dead, he walks up the deer, it starts to get up, he thinks

hes doing the ethical by shooting it one more time so the deer dosent suffer and what

happens.........? He blows his horn off!!!! I wont lie if that happend to me i would be pretty

upset to!!! Yes he needs to be greatful that he had the oppurtunity to to take a good buck

and share some quality time with his dad. ;)

Call it like I see it! Photos don't lie! Anyone not happy about taking an animal they took is foolish. He was gifted a gorgeous buck and acts like it's a turd. That was a living creature that DESERVES the respect it's entitled to. I have always seen this site as a useful place to learn and I've learned alot. Casey's turn. Respecting the animal and it's surroundings is our RESPONSIBILITY as ETHICAL hunters. Is it ethical to shoot an animal you can't respect? Never once has 80 never crossed me with any post he has written---I'm just disappointed that his hunt disgusted him----Really missing the point of hunting and what we share while in the field! Like I stated---Congrats on your buck! Sorry I felt like inputting my opinion. It is just that--My opinion

Funny thing is,no one really knows the behind the scense stuf... stuff like i am looking at spending quite a bit of my hard earned money to repair that bucks antlers, and put him on the wall. I am looking for a shed that matches his base, so i can have my good friend and taxidermist (scottyboy) repair the horn and put him on the wall. I am looking for a cape ( if anyone has one, hit me up) to use as his is obviously worthless.

please do not EVER accuse me of not being respectful/grateful to the animals I have taken. I have made an attempt to put every animal I have ever taken on the wall, no matter how big or small. Granted, I had a spike bull not go on there because the rotting velvet stunk, a cow elk i didnt know how to put the skull onthe wall or cape it out (i was 12) and my spike coues buck one of my dogs ate the skull as it was sitting outside in the peroxide/water solution.

I am grateful for every second I can spend in the woods. Weather it be alone, with long time friends, family or a new found hunting companion. I have never considered myself a unethical hunter, in fact maybe I am "TOO" ethical. As in that is why I took the last shot that I did on this buck. He was bascially dead, but was trying to get up. I wanted to end it as soon as I could, (i would want the same if i was in the deers shoes) and as soon as he started to get up again, I decided to put another bullet into him. It just so happens, he fell to die i might add, right as soon as my 2lb trigger engaged. I could have sat there and waited for him to die, as he had no heart or lungs so to speak but I felt it "ethical" to take the final shot as he was making a last ditch attempt to evade me.

soap box removed now.

I don't know Casey, or any of you for that matter. But seems to me that being bummed about blowing the horn off a deer is quite consistent with respecting the animal. To me, having an intact skull plate and rack is a way to remind me of the great animal that was.

I had a similar experience. After years of unsuccessfully hunting muleys here in WA, I finally shot a nice little 3-point and was absolutely ecstatic. Then my bro-in-law (who, incidentally, is a state patrolman) got to the animal first and decided to put the kill shot through the back of its head. I guess that's what they do to finish off roadkill. It didn't bust either horn, but it split the skull plate, and I'm guessing the fallout from Casey's shot was similar...it's not a pretty sight. To me, that's disrespecting your quarry.

Casey,

I think some people are just making some assumptions about how you feel about this hunt and buck. I believe you are upset with yourself and the errors you made, not with the buck. It's tough when you set a goal for yourself and then fall short, but I don't think Casey is blaming the deer or not being glad he got that buck. He is just mad at himself. But I assume he will get over it soon enough (he probably has already) and will get that buck's antlers repaired and eventually have a photo of him and that buck where he is smiling. I suppose if you had just said you were thankful for your buck and opportunity to hunt in your first post you wouldn't have gotten so many people thinking otherwise.

Congratulations again Casey!

Amanda