Sign in to follow this  
reece_mess16

16A Pig Report

I know this is an older thread but I got a 16a ham tag and am taking my brother after his first big game animal, haven't turned anything up on several scouting trips. Were you able to get on some pigs?

14 hours ago, Pistolpete said:

I know this is an older thread but I got a 16a ham tag and am taking my brother after his first big game animal, haven't turned anything up on several scouting trips. Were you able to get on some pigs?

If you can, go out today and walk the washes and look for tracks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

If you can, go out today and walk the washes and look for tracks.

One of the best ways to find javelina I a new area

talking around washes after a rain 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I'm stuck at work till Friday, but luckily I can do a little bit of scouting at work, just not ideal locations. I've looked off Blake ranch Rd and around the McCracken's but haven't found any good sign yet. Taking a shot in the dark near the big sandy and hoping for the best this weekend

Try the side roads off Chicken Springd Rd. Between Alamo road & the ranch before you go up the hill. Always found pigs around there.

• Like 1

Are a lot of you guys seeing less Javelina/Javelina activity? I am kind of getting that feed back from A LOT of sources this year. I know we hunted 3 known areas hard this year and saw one sounder of 3 pigs. Was absolutely crazy. Hunted hard too, 8-10 hour days from dawn till dusk.(3 glassers) Everything was very green, but locals said it was a VERY dry year over all I guess? Just wondering what you guys think