Sign in to follow this  
mr.smith

December tag gripe

Not to be personal Mr. Smith but I hate people getting upset because someone else is in the woods.

Houston

Like I said; I'm over it now. I wasn't upset that other people were in the woods. I was upset that it happened to my wife two days in a row. But it worked out in the end. Tomorrow I will be back out there looking for mine.

I to get upset, maybe disapointed is the right word, when I se other people in my hunting spots but I guess we just have to deal with it.

One thing about Arizona and most of the west is that there is so much public land anyone can hunt. I'm greatful for that.

I think most hunters out there will feel the same one. None of us enjoy messing up someone elses hunt but thats the way it goes. I feel bad when I'm quail hunting, with the dogs beeper collars going off and all, during this time and I run into a deer hunter but I have just as much right to hunt as they do. I don't ever perposly mess up their hunt but it just happens.

Good luck to the rest of you that have yet to fill your dec coues tag and I hope I don't run into you when I'm quail hunting three days this weekend. :)

I know if we loose dec. hunts then we will never get em back so maybe bowhunters can hold off on hunting these units

untill Jan. :rolleyes: :lol: Yeah right.

I know that I personally like to wait till Jan to hunt em anyway's.

El pepe

Was your response to my post???

If it was apparently you and psyco do not understand the term devils advocate.

Huntn coues

Not directed at you. Just disappointed in the senseless quarrel. I am a bowhunter. I respect all hunters rights. Isn't it the National Forest owned by the community which we are all a part of? If you don't want to see other people, walk more than 100 yards off the road. Works for me. Most other hunters just drive on by.The only people you will see are the Knuckleheads on ATVs who don't understand the terms closed road, no off road travel, wilderness area, etc. By the way, I have tons of trail cam photos that i could share if someone could assist me.

I'm a country boy here in the city now. I notice that here there's the "it's all about me" attitude. I was raised where it was about "us". It's public land and if you're not breaking the law you can enjoy it.

Mark

I know if we loose dec. hunts then we will never get em back so maybe bowhunters can hold off on hunting these units

untill Jan. :rolleyes: :lol: Yeah right.

I know that I personally like to wait till Jan to hunt em anyway's.

El pepe

Was your response to my post???

If it was apparently you and psyco do not understand the term devils advocate.

Huntn coues

Not directed at you. Just disappointed in the senseless quarrel. I am a bowhunter. I respect all hunters rights. Isn't it the

National Forest owned by the community which we are all a part of? If you don't want to see other people, walk more than 100 yards off the road. Works for me. Most other hunters just drive on by.The only people you will see are the Knuckleheads on ATVs who don't understand the terms closed road, no off road travel, wilderness area, etc. By the way, I have tons of trail cam photos that i could share if someone could assist me.

Me too I am an avid bowhunter as well. And that's what you got to do is walk a little farther to get away from the traffic

or hunt more towards the middle of the week.

The lands we hunt on are PUBLIC lands (for the most part) so all we can do is respect the other guy's who happen

to be in "our spot" first. I personally prefer to wait till Jan. to hunt my buck and to also protect my butt from the boom stick

hunters. :unsure: :P

As for your pics Gamehauler can hook you up.

Me too I am an avid bowhunter as well. And that's what you got to do is walk a little farther to get away from the traffic

The lands we hunt on are PUBLIC lands (for the most part) so all we can do is respect the other guy's who happen

to be in "our spot" first. I personally prefer to wait till Jan. to hunt my buck and to also protect my butt from the boom stick

Bla Bla Bla...... a guy kills one forky in January and he is a Die Hard January hunter..... What about all that August huntin' you did????? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Mr. Smith,

Congrats to your wife on a nice buck. I hope that she is very proud of herself..... It is awesome to see the Ladies out there Slayin'em!

But, I got say..... "Get over it"..... and you did.... as mentioned before the Dec. archery hunts are going fast! And that is a shame! There is pleny of room for 50 or 75 BLESSED rifle tag holders in the woods/desert when thier only competion is guys armed with bows. :rolleyes: Wrong place, Wrong time..... it happens. The closer you get to the end of your 2 Week Rifle Hunt the better the hunting gets anyhow...... ;)

Good Luck.

CnS

Bla Bla Bla...... a guy kills one forky in January and he is a Die Hard January hunter..... What about all that August huntin' you did????? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Mr. Smith,

Congrats to your wife on a nice buck. I hope that she is very proud of herself..... It is awesome to see the Ladies out there Slayin'em!

But, I got say..... "Get over it"..... and you did.... as mentioned before the Dec. archery hunts are going fast! And that is a shame! There is pleny of room for 50 or 75 BLESSED rifle tag holders in the woods/desert when thier only competion is guys armed with bows. :rolleyes: Wrong place, Wrong time..... it happens. The closer you get to the end of your 2 Week Rifle Hunt the better the hunting gets anyhow...... ;)

Good Luck.

CnS

Put a cork in it Bino :angry:

:P

Ps My wife was hunting in August you dork!!!

Mr. Smith,

First congrats on your wifes Deer. As a bowhunter I find it odd that they were driving deer, they must have had alot of confidence that the deer they drove would stop long enough for a shot or they could hit one on the run, which both I doubt they could have done. Im sure there has been many of rifle hunters do the same for bow. I have had 2 dove hunters screw my hunting opportunities up. Instead of raising a complaint, we should maybe focus on things that really effect our hunting opportunities. I hunt SE mainly unit 35A, do you know how many illegals come through those canyons. When they get caught, BLM don't even have the courtesy to pick up their belongings. There are litterally hundreds of articles of clothes, backpacks, and food that are left behind after they get picked up. Imagine all the scent on that stuff that a deer won't come within 10 miles of. Sorry for venting, but It goes both ways. No matter weather your a bow or rifle hunter, we are doing our job at managing the deer population, and having fun at it. Happy Holidays

I hunt SE mainly unit 35A, do you know how many illegals come through those canyons. When they get caught, BLM don't even have the courtesy to pick up their belongings. There are litterally hundreds of articles of clothes, backpacks, and food that are left behind after they get picked up. Imagine all the scent on that stuff that a deer won't come within 10 miles of. Sorry for venting, but It goes both ways. No matter weather your a bow or rifle hunter, we are doing our job at managing the deer population, and having fun at it. Happy Holidays

1st huntncoues i was not replying to you, sorry if you felt it was directed that way

2nd scrape&rub, look at a ownership map for se 35a, unless your hunting the river the blm doesnt own that land, so tell your gripes to another agency. furthermore the BLM rangers are out everyday filling truckloads of illegal trash on blm land. if its not to your satisfaction pickup a bag yourself, write a letter to a congressman or something.

thanks elpepe25

We were in 33 on opening weekend with a rifle and killed a 109 4/8" buck and never saw another soul where we hunted. I am a bowhunter as well and hope they keep both hunts the same. The rifle and bowhunter each have a right to any animal out there. Who ever finds the buck and bust his or her tail to get it first should be congratulated.

I don't think any of us purposely want to ruin any ones hunt. I do know they are out there though. I was hunting with a friend in 32 last year and made our way to a group of deer. As we topped over the ridge i saw another hunter already on the deer. So i told my friend "lets go, he's already on them deer". My friend said "those deer aren't just his deer. Those deer are everyone's, not just his." I told him he was an idiot and started to walk in the opposite direction. After i got 50 yards away he caught up to me and didn't say a word. After 100 yards of walking we spotted a huge mule buck. We didn't get a shot at the deer but KARMA got us in a good way. If we wouldn't have left the first herd of deer for the other hunter, we wouldn't have seen the 4x4 mule. KARMA WILL GET YOU. Hopefully my friend learned his lesson.

To everyone hunting dec and january, GOOD KUCK. :P :P :P :P :P

I hunt SE mainly unit 35A, do you know how many illegals come through those canyons. When they get caught, BLM don't even have the courtesy to pick up their belongings. There are litterally hundreds of articles of clothes, backpacks, and food that are left behind after they get picked up. Imagine all the scent on that stuff that a deer won't come within 10 miles of. Sorry for venting, but It goes both ways. No matter weather your a bow or rifle hunter, we are doing our job at managing the deer population, and having fun at it. Happy Holidays

1st huntncoues i was not replying to you, sorry if you felt it was directed that way

2nd scrape&rub, look at a ownership map for se 35a, unless your hunting the river the blm doesnt own that land, so tell your gripes to another agency. furthermore the BLM rangers are out everyday filling truckloads of illegal trash on blm land. if its not to your satisfaction pickup a bag yourself, write a letter to a congressman or something.

thanks elpepe25

Elpepe, sorry was typing while frustrated meant border patrol. No im not picking up a bag, I just got back from a year long deployment in Iraq, all I want is a nice peacefull hunt without all the crap.

So why doesn't anyone bitch about the bird hunters and the varmit callers? Have you ever had a good stalk going when some jackass bird hunter or varmit hunter starts shooting or calling? Hey you know what it's just trhe way it is! You could always walk in farther or find a differnt spot to hunt. Have you ever had someone bird hunting push deer up to you while you are bowhunting? If so you probably didn't whine then did you?

Elpepe, sorry was typing while frustrated meant border patrol. No im not picking up a bag, I just got back from a year long deployment in Iraq, all I want is a nice peacefull hunt without all the crap.

Welcome back Scrape&rub! That must have been a very long tough year. Glad you made it home safe and I hope you find a peaceful place to hunt.

Amanda

i tried for several years to get a particular big ol' muley. kept outsmartin' me. stayed in the bottom in the brush all the time. track him up, jump him and he'd get away. some bird hunters blastin' quail ran him out of the little canyons he stayed in and i found his track crossing the road going into a little easier place to find him. tracked him down and got him. biggest desert muley i ever shot. be fine with me if i was the only guy out there all the time, but that ain't the way it is. other folks use the land too. bowhunters, rifle hunters, birdhunters, anglers, hikers, quad riders, birdwatchers, cowboys, dogmen, and them goofy coues deer hunters. deal with it. it's the blue whale syndrome all over again. Lark.